Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think it's time to take 'em down. No way south of MHT bangs out a widespread 8''+ today. 

I like a 4-8'' range more than 5-10'' if we include what fell yesterday. I'm not seeing a whole lot better than 3-6'' from today.

How much in ash? I've got 5" here so far. Probably half sleet but it added up overnight. Don't think 8" is out the question if it rips for a few hours 

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The model busts that created the nostalgia certainly are not like they were in the 90s. That's all we mean.

Oh I get it-you mean like the super positive busts whete you go from 2 to 3 inches of slush changing to rain, to an almost powder bomb all the way to 20 inches… ?

Yeah space and time probably do not provide for that sort of bust ... more rare than it was before.

However I don't think that happened often enough anyway even in the 1990s. Not really enough to expect that a system like this would not of been handled back then. 

I do agree though that in general as technology and discovery reciprocates back into technology, continues to sophisticate the chances of those sorts of scenarios goes down.

It's just my perspective on matters (and we'll see how the rest of the skills during the day today…) But, I pretty much recall saying all week that the mechanics of this were midland in strength, and they were other dubious things about this. 

because of all that this system to me didn't really come along with much upshot potential. Again we'll see how the rest of the day plays out and wait final call when we can look at QPF and everything else...

2.0" at 7, with just 0.16" LE, a surprising 12.5 ratio, probably thanks to zero wind as flakes were small, only -SN, and temps 31-32.  Woods are nicely whitened, very light snow continues but won't accumulate unless something heavier arrives.  Haven't seen the obs from Lava Rock, but Jeff's 7"+ means that Raymond probably got more, and The Rock wins for Maine this year.

Huh glad I forced myself to sleep

HRRR scaled back bigtime on total QPF between 12z-18z period... as I wrote last night, that huge uptick on 0z RGEM / Euro / several HRRRs last night up to as much as 1.6" in the CCB was what would support the more bullish eastern SNE forecasts.

11z HRRR still has changeover in next hour crossing Boston, but then only maybe 0.5-0.6 qpf thereafter

Archived