Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, sbos_wx said:

I'm not going to be sleeping tonight. That's how ridiculous this looks. The mid levels scream big time pummel tomorrow as dawn breaks. 

Surface temps above freezing. Going to be snow stuck to every single surface due to the rain. 

A type of event we haven't had in awhile. The storm that hit while Scott was away didn't bring the accums here. This one will. 

:axe: from us Long Islanders as well as puking. Our cold disgusting rain just ended, hopefully it clears up some by morning. 

Hopefully it does happen for BOS. You guys have the better snow averages for a reason. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just eyeballing--looks pretty manageable out here.  There's a 4.5" report from a neighboring town posted at 8:40p.m.  I'm not sure what might have come since then.

I'll be leaving for Boston around 7:00a.m.  I guess I'll go by way of the Pike as it looks like that will be relatively benign until east of ORH.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Jay--are you saying mostly sleet until 10:00ish?  What's it doing now?  How much so far?

We had a decent accum of sleet earlier. Right now it is all rain. Should be a brief period of sleet then flip to heavy snow around 10am. Could be 9-11am (depending on model). 

Ray should flip in Wilmington between 8-9am and have heavy snow until mid afternoon. A foot looks likely there.

Ya know, Apparently my fortune-telling going by how I am beyond convinced of this winter is out to do anything to destroy me , is Far more accurate than anything here.  

I said for March 14 that if I spend the $700 to come home from The Netherlands early & catch the storm it would still pull an incredible turn around in the last 12 hours (when I landed until it began) and become Historic bust; A Very Bold Prediction - It Occured, and occurred to the level of the NWS, for the first time that I can remember my life, sent out a freaking statement because it felt his reputation have been irreparably hammered.  9.25" 

Soon the Cape Cod storm came in in a day before the models went crazy with 6" + well past me, and I said this would find away again the last 24 hours to become yet Another historic bust because if be home; It Occured.  One of the only all-time late model switches, and I saw ZERO Flakes.  The only reason the NWS did not put out a statement this time, is because they had stayed very conservative on their amounts after the disaster of the "Blizzard of 2017".  

Now I said days ago that I would be home from Finland for the storm, and if I landed safely, this would find a way to be a bust as well.  Regardless that the models have been trending better & better.  You're now telling me, after I've received almost 24 hours of rain and sleet and ZERO accumulation, that This Ragged and Unorganized Radar of Rain, is going to produce an incredible CCB in just a few short hours to produce 6 to 10 inches of snow in Boston????  

I'll stick to my fortune-telling abilities Soley based on this winters desire to destroy Any remaining love of Snow, which for 2 1/2 storms now have been dead nuts. 

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

Ya know, Apparently my fortune-telling going by how I am beyond convinced of this winter is out to do anything to destroy me , is Far more accurate than anything here.  

I said for March 14 that if I spend the $700 to come home from The Netherlands early & catch the storm it would still pull an incredible turn around in the last 12 hours (when I landed until it began) and become Historic bust; A Very Bold Prediction - It Occured, and occurred to the level of the NWS, for the first time that I can remember my life, sent out a freaking statement because it felt his reputation have been irreparably hammered.  9.25" 

Soon the Cape Cod storm came in in a day before the models went crazy with 6" + well past me, and I said this would find away again the last 24 hours to become yet Another historic bust because if be home; It Occured.  One of the only all-time late model switches, and I saw ZERO Flakes.  The only reason the NWS did not put out a statement this time, is because they had stayed very conservative on their amounts after the disaster of the "Blizzard of 2017".  

Now I said days ago that I would be home from Finland for the storm, and if I landed safely, this would find a way to be a bust as well.  Regardless that the models have been trending better & better.  You're now telling me, after I've received almost 24 hours of rain and sleet and ZERO accumulation, that This Ragged and Unorganized Radar of Rain, is going to produce an incredible CCB in just a few short hours to produce 6 to 10 inches of snow in Boston????  

I'll stick to my fortune-telling abilities Soley based on this winters desire to destroy Any remaining love of Snow, which for 2 1/2 storms now have been dead nuts. 

image.jpeg

If that's the low you're drawing, it'll track veeeeery far south and east of there

26 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

We had a decent accum of sleet earlier. Right now it is all rain. Should be a brief period of sleet then flip to heavy snow around 10am. Could be 9-11am (depending on model). 

Ray should flip in Wilmington between 8-9am and have heavy snow until mid afternoon. A foot looks likely there.

Thanks.   My timing might be decent to avoid the brunt coming in and out.

People get so caught up in amounts, in the end who cares?

I love getting a billion inches of snow but there's so much more to it. We had massive, record breaking snow packs in 2015. 

We've been so spoiled. 12" events are downplayed now. We have a developing CCB. Again: ITS APRIL FIRST! Late season mauler!

Archived