Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most likely...you may get some snow when heavier stuff moves back in, but you may be flirting with sleet until the CCB starts to develop overnight and things crash back S. we're talking a thin warm layer though, so it's very difficult to say. You could all of the sudden flip to parachutes and S+ for 2-3 hours in a heavier band this evening and I wouldn't be surprised...and I also wouldn't be surprised if you sleeted for the next 10-12 hours.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most likely...you may get some snow when heavier stuff moves back in, but you may be flirting with sleet until the CCB starts to develop overnight and things crash back S. we're talking a thin warm layer though, so it's very difficult to say. You could all of the sudden flip to parachutes and S+ for 2-3 hours in a heavier band this evening and I wouldn't be surprised...and I also wouldn't be surprised if you sleeted for the next 10-12 hours.

I'll take the former, please.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Drive back from Leominster to Hubbardston was ok.  Rte 2 was getting sloppy and the back roads here are snow covered.   One part of my driveway has 2" while others are barely coated (the 2" part gets sun shaded)

This is going to be a storm where the evergreens are drooping more than a bunch of old Italian ladies 

LOL!

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

HRR flips you back pretty quick tonight, on schedule it seems

hrrr_ref_boston_5.png

hrrr_ref_boston_7.png

Those are for 6:00 and 8:00 respectively?

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Aircraft soundings show the warm tongue near 700-750 mb out west. It's very meager though. I'm assuming that is why models flash that area to snow.

Yeah when the better lift from the WCB gets in this evening they flash it over to snow before it re-flips to sleet a few hours later....then back to snow in the CCB as everything collapses.

Gonna be a very busy storm for looking at the dual pol.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Interesting standing wave on radar in RI. That has been a persistent area of echoes while just NE of it has been showery crud. You then get redevelopment near BOS on north.

Did BOX just put their radar on those 2 minute scans? Ugh...I hate looping those because it's like a 15 min loop, lol. On the other hand, it's kind of nice to get more frequent scans.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah when the better lift from the WCB gets in this evening they flash it over to snow before it re-flips to sleet a few hours later....then back to snow in the CCB as everything collapses.

Gonna be a very busy storm for looking at the dual pol.

VS near 800mb here in BOS area. Also very cold. 31F at 500' or so.

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

At this point in the season I'll be glad to have rain over accumulating sleet that I need to move. 

I'm not going to move any sleet.

My wife just drove home from work and sad how she was amazed at the difference between the Greenfield rotary and here.  A little rain in Greenfield and a winter wonderland when she got to the Shelburne line. 

29.9*

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Did BOX just put their radar on those 2 minute scans? Ugh...I hate looping those because it's like a 15 min loop, lol. On the other hand, it's kind of nice to get more frequent scans.

I just said the same! LOL.Yeah it's on that setting. I don't know why.

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm not going to move any sleet.

My wife just drove home from work and sad how she was amazed at the difference between the Greenfield rotary and here.  A little rain in Greenfield and a winter wonderland when she got to the Shelburne line. 

29.9*

I need to get Lurkers elevation because the 3 of us have a nice spread of elevations I think to look at micro climates.  I've been trying to get my Colrain and Brattleboro peeps to join the forum so we can better represent this area of New England.   Where is that occasional Brattleboro poster? We could really use somebody up there. 

Archived