Newest Member
    joxey
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It really is....an ugly sight to be sure.

To say nothing about the stress you clean already see in some people's posts.  I think the BOX map is going to play out pretty close to reality.

I stress that it's way too early to stress. Let's wait til the ML temp issues start rearing their head and we get a better idea about where that sets up/how long/what our rates will look like once we get the low centers to develop to our south. No worries til after dark.

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I stress that it's way too early to stress. Let's wait til the ML temp issues start rearing their head and we get a better idea about where that sets up/how long/what our rates will look like once we get the low centers to develop to our south. No worries til after dark.

I flipped to sleet. 

30.1*

What had been a slushy driveway is now becoming a white slushy driveway as perhaps some of the solar radiation is dissipating.  It appears that the snow has accumulated most effectively on my grill top.   2.5" on that.

SN

30.2*

2.5"? Wow! Every foot ASL matters in these setups. Crazy. Slushy coating here, driveway starting to show signs of accumulation though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Will

Weenie Hill is where its at

Untitled.png

Yeah it's gonna be a crush job I think for N ORH county...even if some sleet gets in there, but it should collapse back to the southeast relatively quickly I think. I'm sensing a winter hill shack-up after dark.

3 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

2.5"? Wow! Every foot ASL matters in these setups. Crazy. Slushy coating here, driveway starting to show signs of accumulation though.

I think Savoy was reporting 3" about 3 hours ago!

I'm hoping this IP crap will be a short-lived thing.  If not, I'll enjoy my 3-4".

10 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Yeah, plain rain now in downtown Greenfield (200') snow at my house (400') but barely accumulating according to wife. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Shocking.  The entire CT River Valley from Hartford to St Johns is too warm to stick. 

We will see what happens tonight but I was never feeling this one here. I just hope to head to the mountains tomorrow for paste bomb shots.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sleet about to hit ORH....clearly visible on dual pol.

The short term guidance does beat this back a little though between now and 00z, so we'll see if that actually happens or not.

Mar31_330pmRadar.gif

Do you suspect GC will be sleet for hours on end at this point?  Kind of a bummer.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Do you suspect GC will be sleet for hours on end at this point?  Kind of a bummer.

Most likely...you may get some snow when heavier stuff moves back in, but you may be flirting with sleet until the CCB starts to develop overnight and things crash back S. we're talking a thin warm layer though, so it's very difficult to say. You could all of the sudden flip to parachutes and S+ for 2-3 hours in a heavier band this evening and I wouldn't be surprised...and I also wouldn't be surprised if you sleeted for the next 10-12 hours.

Drive back from Leominster to Hubbardston was ok.  Rte 2 was getting sloppy and the back roads here are snow covered.   One part of my driveway has 2" while others are barely coated (the 2" part gets sun shaded)

This is going to be a storm where the evergreens are drooping more than a bunch of old Italian ladies 

Archived