Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Here too now. Funny getting the obs in succession from WNW-ESE LOL.

Now they are gone as precip lightens up. A few mangled flakes in there.

These first several hours are garbage. We'll see if the RAP/RGEM are correct for later this afternoon...both give a pretty nice period of heavy snow even right into Boston and your area between about 3-6pm. That could maybe help with the WAA portion of the storm which I've hated a for while now, lol.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Now they are gone as precip lightens up. A few mangled flakes in there.

These first several hours are garbage. We'll see if the RAP/RGEM are correct for later this afternoon...both give a pretty nice period of heavy snow even right into Boston and your area between about 3-6pm. That could maybe help with the WAA portion of the storm which I've hated a for while now, lol.

Same here. Yeah I was meh on the WAA too, but it's possible we coat up if that is correct. The HRRR seems to have the best lift under the DGZ until overnight.

We may end up not wasting any QPF out of this. The trees are caking up already. Snow growth is picking up. Most models have about 1.5" of liquid up here. This could be a big one. I'm not expecting big ratios regardless with the DGZ so high up, but I would like to avoid sobbing paste.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

We may end up not wasting any QPF out of this. The trees are caking up already. Snow growth is picking up. Most models have about 1.5" of liquid up here. This could be a big one. I'm not expecting big ratios regardless with the DGZ so high up, but I would like to avoid sobbing paste.

CCC     Chicken Coop Crusher?

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Trees and grass are where it's at here.  I do have about an inch on the deck, but the pavement is just melting.

Going back and forth between SN and SN-.  Flakes bouncing between good and crappy.

All in all, this will likely go down as a 'meh' event out here.

14 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Elevation obviously helping during the daylight like many have said--Woodford VT and Savoy  had 3" at 12pm

Woodford is going to come in with some ridiculous total. It's ripping on the Stratton web cam. Unfortunately I was up last weekend instead of this weekend 

Trees and grass are where it's at here.  I do have about an inch on the deck, but the pavement is just melting.

Going back and forth between SN and SN-.  Flakes bouncing between good and crappy.

All in all, this will likely go down as a 'meh' event out here.

At 600' I've only got a coating so far on trees and grass. Precip was very light for a while, and while it stayed frozen, it was barely so.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not that anyone asked but fall rates appear to be our biggest limitation for accumulations so far along Rt 2 here in N-central Mass...  If it does get steady, we go over slushy aggregates just fine...but now we are back to drizzle in one of these null -shreds.   

I suppose two months ago ... this would be the end of January and 5 to 7 F less on the dial might make rad more "fuzzy" and we'd at least be flurries or steady light in between bursts. Be that as it may...36 here in Ayer with drizzle and occasional light snow.  

Looking up stream, there's a band moving in but there is much more impressive solid, non-shredded continuous shield of action in the upper MA that's got no problem seeing us for later on - probably we'll tint the air up blue when that envelopes the region.  Then we'll test these warm layer ideas .. may just be a changing/variable p-type event.  

Archived