Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Spring/Summer Banter

Carvers Gap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are taking my son before college on a road trip.Went to Chicago for the baseball game yesterday against the Nationals.Dummy me didn't check the weather up this way so we had to stop at Target and buy some jackets,it was chilly or by our standards in mid south,cold for August.Hit the Mall of America today,first timer here it's pretty cool and doing the water parks the next couple days in Wisconsin

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, John1122 said:

The Cougars are hitting the road for David Crockett this Friday and I plan on heading there. Any food recommendations in Jonesborough or should I eat before I hit town?

I think this might be a tnweathernut question.  There are some mom and pops in the older sections of the town.  You coming up 11E?  The Farmer's Daughter has some really good food.  It is near Greeneville.

47 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

I think this might be a tnweathernut question.  There are some mom and pops in the older sections of the town.  You coming up 11E?  The Farmer's Daughter has some really good food.  It is near Greeneville.

It's longer to go I-81 but it's the fastest route per google. Going due east on 63E to 25E to 11w to 26 is the shortest route by miles for me but it's 12 minutes slower per google. So I'm going to go the 4 interstate route 75-40-81-26 to the Boones Creek Rd exit. 

If anyone is interested in an NFL pick-em league we have two leagues which members on this board can participate in.  One of the leagues is free and has been an ongoing tradition of Eastern/American Wx for at least 10 years now.  This league is done directly through this forum in the sports thread.  

The second league is entering its third season here on the boards and is a pay-league.  He platform we've used in the past is yahoo, however, a different platform may be used this year.  

If you have any interest in participating in one or both of the leagues check out the following thread.  The more participants, the more fun the league, and for the pay league, the more potential winnings!

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50203-nfl-pick-em-2017-2018/#comment-4596041

On 8/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, John1122 said:

It's longer to go I-81 but it's the fastest route per google. Going due east on 63E to 25E to 11w to 26 is the shortest route by miles for me but it's 12 minutes slower per google. So I'm going to go the 4 interstate route 75-40-81-26 to the Boones Creek Rd exit. 

Hey John, sorry I didn't get this until now!  I hope you found a GREAT place to eat. Carvers was right, The Farmers Daughter is an awesome place to stuff yourself.  They are out in the country about 20 minutes from Davy Crockett HS (14 miles).  They can seat 225, but have been running wait times on the weekends of an hour to an hour and a half.  Because of that, they are adding a new addition to seat an additional 150!  Not that this matters now since your trip is over... lol.

When you get off that Boones Creek Exit you are about 4 miles from my house and you get as close as 2 miles as you take that road toward Jonesborough.  If you come in the wintertime I will certainly know about it.  In the offseason I only check the weather page once a week or once every other week.  Hope you are doing well and you had a pleasant visit down and a safe trip back.

On 8/22/2017 at 1:06 PM, Carvers Gap said:

As is usual, I was a day late and a dollar short on this request.  lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived