• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Spring/Summer Banter

Carvers Gap

Kansas Jayhawk basketball brick fest, blocked shot debacle, and failure to defend, is probably more epic than the big severe wx letdown March 30. At least I saw the latter coming with a Gulf Coast MCS forecast, sloppy wind fields, and poor moisture return. KU was a terrible surprise after Purdue.

After Purdue, Kansas losing to Oregon feels like a snow bust. Great snow shield coming up from Alabama. Cold air in place, sort-of you know it's the South. Precip arrives as cold rain.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:21 PM, nrgjeff said:

Kansas Jayhawk basketball brick fest, blocked shot debacle, and failure to defend, is probably more epic than the big severe wx letdown March 30. At least I saw the latter coming with a Gulf Coast MCS forecast, sloppy wind fields, and poor moisture return. KU was a terrible surprise after Purdue.

After Purdue, Kansas losing to Oregon feels like a snow bust. Great snow shield coming up from Alabama. Cold air in place, sort-of you know it's the South. Precip arrives as cold rain.

Great analogy.  Had Kansas winning one of my two brackets. I have Gonzaga winning the other.  I credit Oregon's D...but the Jayhawks just went ice cold.  I think it was just a bad shooting night for Kansas.  That is why it is so hard to win that tourney.  Have to win essentially three four-team tourneys in a row.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:21 PM, nrgjeff said:

Think NC will win it.But by my brackets you should pick Gonzaga..lol.Seriously i'm terrible at picking the brackets.Seems such a crap shoot,who ever is on that day will win

Second year in a row I got lucky and picked the finals correct.  Last year I was so far ahead it didn't matter when Villanova won and I didn't have them winning it all.  This year, I need NC to win or I come in 2nd.  

I might not ever play in the bracket challenge with my buddies again if I win this year too.  I won't be due to win again until around the year 2050 !  lol

6 hours ago, tnweathernut said:

Second year in a row I got lucky and picked the finals correct.  Last year I was so far ahead it didn't matter when Villanova won and I didn't have them winning it all.  This year, I need NC to win or I come in 2nd.  

I might not ever play in the bracket challenge with my buddies again if I win this year too.  I won't be due to win again until around the year 2050 !  lol

98fc2029e506ac145b2d50f49df3350e.jpg

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Awesome news.  Jax, is he on a track that could include the possibility of one of the next two Olympic summer games?

Not sure about that.He's only a level 9 right now,next year he moves up with the big boys,level 10 so he'll move into different skills.I'd be just as happy with him getting a scholarship into college so we don't have to dig so deep into our pockets

2 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Not sure about that.He's only a level 9 right now,next year he moves up with the big boys,level 10 so he'll move into different skills.I'd be just as happy with him getting a scholarship into college so we don't have to dig so deep into our pockets

Heck yeah.  But awesome what he has done so far!

• 2 weeks later...

That is disappointing from a soccer and gymnastics perspective. Was it a dirty tackle? Oddly I just played a pick-up soccer game, but no incidents like that. Blew off the tornado watch*.

* never considered chasing, of course paid attention while outisde

3 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

That is disappointing from a soccer and gymnastics perspective. Was it a dirty tackle? Oddly I just played a pick-up soccer game, but no incidents like that. Blew off the tornado watch*.

No,it was a clean tackle.When he landed he like fell backwards and planted awkward,The player that tackled him knew he was hurt and stopped playing and signaled to the side line and stayed with him,he knew his was injured.Good sportsmanship to me,he tackled the ball before him,just a freak injury.

4 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

This was my oldest boy,not my son going to the JO in a couple weeks.My son that got hurt is starting college coming up at Auburn,going to be a engineer and support me the rest of my life(yeah right)...lol

Sons coach snuck up Nick as he caught him playing in the chalk at the Junior Olympics in Florida.Finally got back home tonight.His first event he fell off the pommel horse,tough break.His other events he did rather well but in the JO's a fall will cost you dearly in scoring,tough to recover,you have to be plain perfect  with the other routines.Proud of the young man though,very few kids make it this far as he has :)

Tom Hensley.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would appreciate the Tennessee Valley trough more in July. Right now it has simply wrecked any chance of chasing the Great Plains. 

I tweeted something about, Seeing more good severe wx pics out of Europe than the US Great Plains.

Got a RT from EU-Debate a UK Brexit debate account. So it is a bot that picked up on Europe and Great (Britain for Plains), or does the Admin also like severe weather?

In honor of cold weather enthusiasts and our Nashville forum market...first Stanley Cup Final to take place in TN today.  Go Preds!   

121353849195dab22c30ec7b1ff93a2e.jpg&key=a5e0bb5431ac32d1324a7a3cb429cc3707f6311a43855232f6dbcc345b086c8c

I haven't ever really watched hockey until this year in the playoffs and now with Nashville. I will have to say it is extremely competitive and compelling. It is much better than watching the NBA Finals snooze fest and I love basketball. Go Preds!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived