Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2017 Obs/Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another month gone, another warmest month on record. 

April was the warmest on record for Cleveland with an average temp of 57.4. That's 1.4 degrees warmer than the previous warmest April of 2010. April had 7 days at or above 80, which ties for most on record. 

Most impressive, is that the past three months were the warmest on record as well. It was 0.6 degrees warmer than the infamous torchy 2012 period. 2012 was 1.4 degrees warmer than the previous record. So the extremes are getting more extreme. 

On 5/1/2017 at 10:32 AM, Trent said:

Another month gone, another warmest month on record. 

April was the warmest on record for Cleveland with an average temp of 57.4. That's 1.4 degrees warmer than the previous warmest April of 2010. April had 7 days at or above 80, which ties for most on record. 

Most impressive, is that the past three months were the warmest on record as well. It was 0.6 degrees warmer than the infamous torchy 2012 period. 2012 was 1.4 degrees warmer than the previous record. So the extremes are getting more extreme. 

Past 3 months were 3.4F above normal here. You were 6.4F above normal. That's a huge difference for a short distance. I'm using Lansing numbers.

3 hours ago, Jonger said:

Past 3 months were 3.4F above normal here. You were 6.4F above normal. That's a huge difference for a short distance. I'm using Lansing numbers.

Do you mean you are using your personal data against LAN's averages?

11 hours ago, Jonger said:

The warmest anomalies were to the south and east. Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington all had their warmest Feb-April period on record. It looks like Lansing had their second warmest on record. ORD, DTW, MKE, and IND also had their second warmest. 

2 hours ago, Trent said:

The warmest anomalies were to the south and east. Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington all had their warmest Feb-April period on record. It looks like Lansing had their second warmest on record. ORD, DTW, MKE, and IND also had their second warmest. 

I'm curious where you found these comparisons. I'm surprised that Lansing had the second warmest period while one of the 3 months actually posted a negative anomaly (March), albeit slight.

19 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I'm curious where you found these comparisons. I'm surprised that Lansing had the second warmest period while one of the 3 months actually posted a negative anomaly (March), albeit slight.

I use this site:

http://www.sercc.com/perspectivesmap?region=mrcc

There's a wealth of climate information there by adjusting parameters and selecting individual sites. 

Archived