Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2017 Obs/Discussion.

Chambana

2 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

In regards to users who are mainly using social media (non-message boards) to get their weather fix, its a major step in the wrong direction IMO. I've seen other non-weather message boards elude to this trend and quite frankly its aggravating. Not as aggravating as the board software switch last summer which was probably a big push and turnoff. How do you have a meaningful weather disco with 140 characters? Then you don't have all the customization of a message board.

Today its going to reach 21ºC feeling like 25C, love the air out there. I was looking forward to a warm May so cold showing up in future runs better screw off, that's the last thing this boring regime needs.

you live in a climo wasteland.. might as well stick to the banter threads.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Today looks like a real torch for you guys east of me.  Out toward FWA and into Ohio, etc... maybe some mid 80s?

85 at CMH, hit 86 IMBY. Surprisingly didn't realize the gradient across the region until watching the local news. 

The past 30+ days (since the mid-March cooldown) have been very warm here. Only 4 days in early April had negative departures, and even those weren't that cool. +6.5F for the month. 

0.18" of rain since midnight, with most of that from the little blob of anvil rains that traversed the area early this morning.  HRRR shows some decent deformation rains forming later on this evening/overnight but so far radar is pretty meh, so we'll see.  HRRR also tries to get a few wet flakes of snow to mix in around sunrise lol.  Gonna be a miserable morning rush hour.

Rough stretch of weather for late April with rain/snow/ice.  Today will probably be the third day remaining in the 30's (might hit 40), very little signs of spring beyond the brighter sun angle, return of birds, and a few nights ago I heard peepers for the first time but they've been quiet since. Hard time of the year to live so close to Superior.

5.4" for the month at MQT... 12.1" snow.  That may place them in a top 5 wet April... I'd have to look.

I picked up a solid 0.39" of rain yesterday, a little better than expected.  It sure was cold and nasty with a temp stuck in the low 40s.  I'm not quite sure how much rain we'll get this weekend.  Models have consistently shown 1.5-2.0", but a lot of deep convection down south can always mess things up.

Not unexpectedly, today's rain event was a bust here, intensity-wise.  I only picked up a meager 0.17".  As is often the case, models were just too aggressive with the moisture transport into areas well northwest of the deep convection.  Global models bring more rain in overnight, but I'm skeptical there will be much.  The meso models have a better handle on the situation and they keep us mostly dry through midday Sunday as moisture continues to be intercepted by Missouri/Arkansas convection.

4 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

About as bad as it can get for this late in the spring.  39 degrees with heavy rain and gusty northeast winds.  Quite a bit of thunder as well in the last 15 minutes.  Picked up 0.67" so far today.

Yeah man, this is pretty miserable.  Getting occasional thunderstorms and just had some decent gusts.

Archived