Weathernoob335
April 2017 Observations and Discussions

NJwx85

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Yeah there's a little bit of troughiness in the NE with that look

To make it warmer in the spring, you want higher heights to the south to establish a Bermuda high/SE ridge with deep-layer SW flow.. Higher heights to the north tend to create confluent Canadian highs which keeps the flow more northeasterly, bringing in maritime air and backdoor FROPAs.

In the winter, however, that would be a very warm pattern because the trough in the PAC drains out arctic air along with high heights to the north.

21 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Lol...wait soneone said no more 80s for April back on Sunday which I noted was premature and low and behold my forecast high for Friday is 80

A few people did.  Heck, I said 70's might be hard to achieve.  The forecast changed as it typically does, and it now looks warmer (which is the trend in recent years).

84 degrees out here in Vegas. Sitting out at the pool observing a big tower going up to my West. Was shocked as forecast here has 0% chance of rain but upon review of the radar I can see storms popping. It's also very windy here, with many gusts over 30mph.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

5th warmest April 1-18 in NYC. Similar story across much of the US.

#1...59.3....2010

#2...58.0....2002

#3...57.9....1945

#4...56.9...1981

#5...56.5...2017

MonthTDeptUS.png.af5868a10aa2f2f7bfd487bcb4b1bbf5.png

April is too cold one would want a warmer spring in the northeast, if it's not going to snow bring on the heat!

28 minutes ago, WEATHERBUFF said:

April is too cold one would want a warmer spring in the northeast, if it's not going to snow bring on the heat!

It's a good thing for the snow fans the last few years that we were able to produce as much snow as we did with so little cold to work with.

Archived