Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2017 Observations and Discussions

NJwx85

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bluewave said:

64...Jones Beach....74..Wantagh...80...Farmingdale.

Took a drive with windows open. ... Started at smith point on William Floyd, car thermometer read 61. Reached sunrise, temp 71, LIE 75, RT 25. 82.. RT 25A. 86.  Left feeling chilly, started to sweat passing RT25 

4 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

This latest ob yeah, it should shoot right back up though.  Sun is out bigly now.

Just looked at radar. I didn't realize it rained again. The 2nd batch missed me here in the Bronx. I did get a few sprinkles but the sun remained out. The first shower a few hrs ago drop me down to 80 but it recovered to back to thru the low 80s.

Today will be the last 80 degree day of April. Temps will stay almost exactly near normal for about the next 10 days or so, with the only departures being on the below-normal side. The departure will continue to fall back over the next few days. I sense the coolest end to April in quite a while.

36 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Its disgusting outside! Can't believe people like this weather can't wear my suite on a day like this and I'm not even overweight! Happy easter that line is holding up nice it's gonna feel great to sleep tonight!

82 degrees outside right now!

Just some showers it looks like

How do your survive summer? The dew points only like 50

17 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Just some showers it looks like

How do your survive summer? The dew points only like 50

Yeah lol, it's really not bad out at all.  Granted I know he's in the city, but this is still much easier to tolerate than 70+ Dewpoints in the Summer.

22 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Yeah lol, it's really not bad out at all.  Granted I know he's in the city, but this is still much easier to tolerate than 70+ Dewpoints in the Summer.

I can't stand it man I've been dying to move but I got my whole family here in NYC. Don't know where else to go besides Marquette Michigan but first I'd have to get a job there. Plenty of snow and not so hot!

3 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I can't stand it man I've been dying to move but I got my whole family here in NYC. Don't know where else to go besides Marquette Michigan but first I'd have to get a job there. Plenty of snow and not so hot!

Feen, you better head up into the Rockies like I told Snow88.  I'd say go 7,000 ft. plus man, but I understand not wanting to leave family (plus you'd have to become a Mountain Man for a living).

Anyway, it really cooled off here with the showers.  Very warm Easter this year, it's been awhile since we've had a hot one like this.

5 hours ago, Tekken_Guy said:

Today will be the last 80 degree day of April. Temps will stay almost exactly near normal for about the next 10 days or so, with the only departures being on the below-normal side. The departure will continue to fall back over the next few days. I sense the coolest end to April in quite a while.

of course you think that :lol:

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

More of an onshore flow pattern develops after today with smaller positive departures relative to the last week along with some days closer to normal. We may have to wait after this current warm up until later in April or May for the 80 degree+ chances to return again.

...New York City...
   Central Park, NY
   PTCLDY   SUNNY    MOCLDY   RAIN     TSTRMS   PTCLDY   PTCLDY climo 46/63
     /74    48/62    43/58    52/67    55/64    44/60    44/63
      /10    00/00    10/20    60/60    60/50    30/20    10/20

ecmwf-ens_mslpaNormMean_namer_6.thumb.png.f0402a017d68e38e8a7f2dbf9dff0b3d.png

Of course you think that.  

Oh wait, that's Forky's line.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

More of an onshore flow pattern develops after today with smaller positive departures relative to the last week along with some days closer to normal. We may have to wait after this current warm up until later in April or May for the 80 degree+ chances to return again.

...New York City...
   Central Park, NY
   PTCLDY   SUNNY    MOCLDY   RAIN     TSTRMS   PTCLDY   PTCLDY climo 46/63
     /74    48/62    43/58    52/67    55/64    44/60    44/63
      /10    00/00    10/20    60/60    60/50    30/20    10/20

ecmwf-ens_mslpaNormMean_namer_6.thumb.png.f0402a017d68e38e8a7f2dbf9dff0b3d.png

I personally think temps will verify colder than expected with onshore NE flow, a 1035mb high near ME, and a potential Nor'easter next week. I don't see us getting past 53-54F Wednesday and 57-58F Thursday. Some of us may need heating Wednesday after reaching upper 80s yesterday, especially LI/SE CT.

We could also stay in the 40s next week if any of the coastals shown on the GFS/ECM/EPS verify. We usually get one last day staying in the 40s in late April to remind us of the departing winter. Even in the record warm spring of 2010, I had a high of 46F in Mid-May, think it was 5/14. Last year had 5 straight days of low to mid 50s to launch May.

59 minutes ago, bluewave said:

12z runs turn much warmer on Friday with more 70's and perhaps 80 degree potential sneaking back in. I guess we shouldn't be surprised with warmth beating guidance our new normal around here. 

today

ecmwf_t2max_12_nyc_19.thumb.png.17ea9dc670c7c65264eacabdeca04f29.png

yesterday

Y.thumb.png.45834ec1eaa6d5c487dc0177892b0e0b.png

Euro had the low tracking pretty much over us last night, todays took it back upstate (i think other runs may have had it either there or even further north). Be interesting to see where it ends up. 

Archived