joxey
April 2017 Observations and Discussions

NJwx85

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

70 here.   Busting warm.

Maybe, but I noticed when it warms even more rapidly that expected, the sea breeze comes in faster/stronger than predicted too, so the highs end up close to the forecast anyway, we just get there faster. Not always though, we'll see.

6 minutes ago, dWave said:

Maybe, but I noticed when it warms even more rapidly that expected, the sea breeze comes in faster/stronger than predicted too, so the highs end up close to the forecast anyway, we just get there faster. Not always though, we'll see.

Agree.  So far no breeze here yet, but still a few hours to go.

26 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Flip back to a stormy pattern looks likely starting towards the end of next week. So far not showing up in terms of model QPF but plenty of storm chances with most of PA showing 3-5" of rain from days 6-16.

could be legit with the AO dropping around that time.

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

MGJ only goes back to 1998 on the NWS site. The previous warmest 4-10 was 72 degrees. So you are probably very close to a record if you had a longer observation period. 

In my records I have 83 in 1991 as the record but that obviously not from the NWS but from Intellicast and I have no idea how accurate it is.  Its the old question, is bad data better than no data?

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

In my records I have 83 in 1991 as the record but that obviously not from the NWS but from Intellicast and I have no idea how accurate it is.  Its the old question, is bad data better than no data?

That may be close to your record. POU has a record of 80 today with a period of record back to 1931.

4/10 0 80 in 1945  79 in 1955  73 in 2005+

Archived