Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Threat 3/31-4/1

NJwx85

10 hours ago, snywx said:

1.67" here as well..

I was checking  my rain readings from Texas. My home personal weather station rain totals were very low...figured something clogged my cone.  Storm total was around 0.4 or something.

I noticed other areas in my town were well over an inch.

Checked the set up morning...tube down to the cone was clogged with sleet at 930 am this morning.

Saw reports of sleet...guess the plastic insulated the sleet.

I asked my wife about the sleet...she reported she thought it was heavy rain hitting the house.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Animal said:

I was checking  my rain readings from Texas. My home personal weather station rain totals were very low...figured something clogged my cone.  Storm total was around 0.4 or something.

I noticed other areas in my town were well over an inch.

Checked the set up morning...tube down to the cone was clogged with sleet at 930 am this morning.

Saw reports of sleet...guess the plastic insulated the sleet.

I asked my wife about the sleet...she reported she thought it was heavy rain hitting the house.

That's another reason you need a Stratus rain gauge 

15 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Almost looks like the tipping bucket at NYC was blocked by all the dense vegetation growth around it. Notice how EWR, LGA, and JFK had uniform amounts around 2.10".

C8W1QXFXsAAzXfb.jpg-small.jpg.addea0b94ff06843825c03bf49f15dae.jpg

Montgomery seems low to me also, I'm about 2 miles from there and had .30 more than that in two different gauges. It's happened before though, that there's been bigger that's expected differences but it usually involves thunderstorms 

13 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Montgomery seems low to me also, I'm about 2 miles from there and had .30 more than that in two different gauges. It's happened before though, that there's been bigger that's expected differences but it usually involves thunderstorms 

I know there was a gradient to the north with rainfall falling off, but even TEB had a bit more than NYC.

15 hours ago, bluewave said:

Almost looks like the tipping bucket at NYC was blocked by all the dense vegetation growth around it. Notice how EWR, LGA, and JFK had uniform amounts around 2.10".

C8W1QXFXsAAzXfb.jpg-small.jpg.addea0b94ff06843825c03bf49f15dae.jpg

how is that even possible that the airports all have almost the same number lol?  Even Montauk!

Archived