Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm Threat 3/31-4/1

NJwx85

19 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

If there is a cold pocket around 925 we could get some sleet mixing in down to the city. Sleet can fall down to the surface with temps in the low 40s 

What year was it that we had sleet in late May around Memorial Day? 2013 I think?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Reports of slushy coatings of moderate sleet when the precip was heavier on LI also.

Yeah it was legit heavy sleet at one point. That's a good sign for New England for snow. There is more cold air aloft then being modeled. If I weren't working this weekend I would be on the way up to Vermont 

The rain is starting to look more organized on radar now. Should flip from a showery lighter rain to a steady moderate rain in most areas within the next 1-2 hours. The heavier rain is still from Baltimore South and West with the back edge near the VA/NC border. It's moving much slower than the 12z NAM.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Based on the radar down south we are in for a deluge this evening. I would say wide spread 2" amounts. Definitely a drought buster in progress especially considering what's to come 

2" more on top of the 1" thats already fallen in many places. Its funny this month was looking below normal and instead may end up well above

42 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Based on the radar down south we are in for a deluge this evening. I would say wide spread 2" amounts. Definitely a drought buster in progress especially considering what's to come 

Looks like a firehose. Probably 2-4 hrs of torrential rains...  Also moving fairly fast, I bet this ends much earlier than Upton has....

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Looks like a firehose. Probably 2-4 hrs of torrential rains...  Also moving fairly fast, I bet this ends much earlier than Upton has....

The coastal will slow down once it forms offshore, prolonging the rain into the overnight hours. There may be a brief lull but we are in for a deluge the next 10-12 hours.

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

The coastal is still in the infant stages, that will keep us wet until the morning.

pchg.gif?1490980825486

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Seems like the nam may end up having been closer to the rainfall totals than the 2 to 3" the gfs and Euro had. With the current look at the radar and central park at .75" 2" seems like a stretch

wait for this to pass through

DIX.N0Q.20170331.2136.gif

Archived