Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

RGEM out through 84 hours snowfall totals precip.

Congrats Dendrite.

Its ice p-type has like almost an inch of QPF as ice near and just south of ORH and in the Litchfield hills.

That would be key and fun, but it can't ice in April.  too much solar insolation, but you know this. 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I wouldn't mind one if its going to just be a nuisance, But i have a feeling its probably going to be more then that.

It'll be April. They're all nuisances at that point...lol. Instead of lasting otg for 24hrs, you might be able to stare at it for 48. meh

No coincidence that the colder models have zero nrn stream interaction. Just a dumbelling ULL south of SNE. The old school mets would look for things like height falls for dynamics and help with upper level cooling and you do have that...albeit nothing earth shattering. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh, honestly... not that you asked but this isn't a bomb - though it may snow prodigiously ... 

Particularly, I could see 850' hills of N. Worc. Co cashing in with pine trees caked shut like dormant parasols. 

But lower els need work from the models and ...well, reality. 

I think the "bomb" signal might be the late middle/early extended range actually - 

Tip,  Add April 8 1982.  Extremely impressive blizzard, mid winter type storm all the way to the coast.  I believe Boston broke all kinds of records, low temp record, lowest high temp record.  Got down to 16F.   

May 1977 storm was amazing.  Trees in full leave.  Did lots of damage metro Boston

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No coincidence that the colder models have zero nrn stream interaction. Just a dumbelling ULL south of SNE. The old school mets would look for things like height falls for dynamics and help with upper level cooling and you do have that...albeit nothing earth shattering. 

Nice

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Are you referring to yourself as old school?

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, dendrite said:

I'd feel better if it was 80F right now.

Bingo.  Pretty sure my sentiments won't make a bit of difference on how this turns out, but I'm with you all the way.  Very tough to grow plants in the nursery with snow on the ground unless you're willing to spend a lot of money on heat.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I think the models are in pretty good agreement overall with this.  Of course the biggest bust potential is on the mix line in SNE.  Up north here its like is it 3-4" or is it 6-8".

I think the best zone to be in right now is probably the monadnocks to S VT....at least in terms of being pretty "safe" for a warning snowfall...further north is def safe from mixing, but could be a bit light on QPF. N ORH county to Hippyvalley's region is probably a pretty good spot too. Gets a bit dicey down toward the pike and southern MA border and perhaps adjacent N RI/N CT, but the stakes are quite high there because I think that region has a pretty high ceiling being firehosed by the CCB after the WCB precip...so if they can stay mostly snow, there's big upside.

Archived