Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Long overdue for northshore, excluding in and around boston. But pretty good one-directional forecasts so far. 

I know you are probably shook from LI climo on east winds, but it's different up here...esp when you have good cold just off the deck.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know you are probably shook from LI climo on east winds, but it's different up here...esp when you have good cold just off the deck.

No. I dramatically changed my forecast yesterday, based on that surface high trend. Instead of it escaping east it has been trending toward anchoring in southern Quebec, /Northern Maine. That trend has been relentlessly postive for eastern MA, since 0z thurs. It seems guidance is still playing catch-up with this aspect...

Despite the east wind you're getting more of a CP airmass influence with that high position.

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

No. I dramatically changed my forecast yesterday, based on that surface high trend. Instead of it escaping east it has been trending toward anchoring in southern Quebec, /Northern Maine. That trend has been relentlessly postive for eastern MA, since 0z thurs. 

I just mean in general..it's usually not the end of the world..esp just away from the shore. The temps just off the deck have been pretty cold all along. And yes, I definitely look for that high anchoring as you said. Definitely do not want it retreating.

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Damn NAM really is a turd in the punch bowl. Only thing keeping me from full nudity. Wish it backed down more. 

Wouldnt surprise me if we sleet for a while. Even the NAM soundings are so close though I could see it going either way. Should be in a decent spot once the CCB starts to take over later tonight into tomorrow morning

Just now, wx2fish said:

Wouldnt surprise me if we sleet for a while. Even the NAM soundings are so close though I could see it going either way. Should be in a decent spot once the CCB starts to take over later tonight into tomorrow morning

Yeah I agree it could go either way. Probably time to put down the models and wait for later to see what happens. 

Looks like that dry slot in western NY and central PA is starting to fill in a little bit. And the convective elements that were racing north in western PA are now starting to slow and deform a little bit. 

The warmth probably doesn't have much of a push left if that's the case. And the northern cloud/precip edge isn't moving at the moment, so something has to give. They dry slot can't blow through if the northern cloud edge doesn't budge.

Archived