Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

hrrr soundings are close to icey for dxr in early am. Not that anyone cares since Im the lone wct ranger but it makes me feel better. 

I'm here too, but nothing too exciting for this area. I have watched my temperature drop from 37.3 to 36.4 in the last hour, but that only makes the rain colder. I do expect some sleet to enter the area overnight. I'm off to the Keys in 6 days, so I think I have checked out for this winter.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm a bit south of those really high numbers, but it should be decent

A guy I know in Fitchburg much go over 100" for the season (he is a spotter)

Does he live on west side of town where elevation is much higher?

Hard to believe he has 100" though the west side of town would be the spot...it's much better than the rest of the city.

18 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I'm here too, but nothing too exciting for this area. I have watched my temperature drop from 37.3 to 36.4 in the last hour, but that only makes the rain colder. I do expect some sleet to enter the area overnight. I'm off to the Keys in 6 days, so I think I have checked out for this winter.

At this point, hearing my windows ping overnight will be euphoric. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hard to believe he has 100" though the west side of town would be the spot...it's much better than the rest of the city.

Yeah parts in the north west reach 1100', where I am near downtown I'm at 440' and it's subpar. 

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure HRRR is too cold...but every piece of guidance at 12z has trended colder. So I think the trend is real...what we have to figure out is what was the true baseline. Did we just trend from 2 inches of slop on the pike to 5-6" or did we just trend from 4-6" to 10"? We don't know...because despite all models trending colder, their absolute solutions are still differing. NAM is still pretty awful for snow while something like the HRRR would probably give me 15"+ once you account for the CCB snows tomorrow.

It's amazing that at 00z last night the NCAR ensemble still had scenarios that were a clean whiff for Maine, and others that gave zero snow to ORH. That's a lot of room for error at less than 24 hours.

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think he is around 92".    I'm at (I think) 83 or so.  He has posted pics of his site during events and has consistently been ahead of me.  I think he is one the Princeton or Westminster end

Archived