• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

The warmer mesos (RGEM and NAM) show sleet overnight through much of the central Greens in the Killington/Okemo area but snow in the CT River Valley just to the south east.  It also shows snow due west in the lower elevations of NY.

This seems to be very counter to climo.  Should I disregard this, or is it likely it will be sleeting on Killington Peak while it's snowing in both Springfield, VT, and Glens Falls?  What would be the mechanism for this?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jbenedet said:

Nashua?

You should wetbulb around freezing and see it begin accumulating early this afternoon when the heavier precip moves in.

Yep. Going to need +SN or darkness to accumulate much, whichever comes first. 

3 minutes ago, educate said:

hrrr is really cold.

It's gotten colder almost every run...kind of weird. Not sure I buy it, but it would be a game-changer for pike region tonight as it would have a lot of accumulating snow this evening in the strongest part of the WCB as it starts transitioning to a CCB.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

HRRR would be 2-4" of sleet here. I think it's too cold 

Rap is similar but even colder 

Yeah I'm pretty sure HRRR is too cold...but every piece of guidance at 12z has trended colder. So I think the trend is real...what we have to figure out is what was the true baseline. Did we just trend from 2 inches of slop on the pike to 5-6" or did we just trend from 4-6" to 10"? We don't know...because despite all models trending colder, their absolute solutions are still differing. NAM is still pretty awful for snow while something like the HRRR would probably give me 15"+ once you account for the CCB snows tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's gotten colder almost every run...kind of weird. Not sure I buy it, but it would be a game-changer for pike region tonight as it would have a lot of accumulating snow this evening in the strongest part of the WCB as it starts transitioning to a CCB.

Check out that surface high position on the HRRR. Doesn't get much better than that...

Archived