Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I went for a big March, but I honestly thought it was over a few days ago...wasn't even watching until I saw Kev's FB post.

The back ended loaded winters are special to me in that it extends my weenie hobby past normal. I am probably out of the game but I  am tracking this as close as anything 

So interesting and if EPS is right we do it again next week

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The back ended loaded winters are special to me in that it extends my weenie hobby past normal. I am probably out of the game but I  am tracking this as close as anything 

So interesting and if EPS is right we do it again next week

So that's what you call it?--a "weenie hobby". That sounds like something else bro...:lol:

TV Mets under-forecasting this one.  In general they seem to err on the side of lesser impacts and lesser snowfall totals.

I'm working at the home office tonight but I heard a broadcast met from the TV in the living room mention 1-3 for all or most of eastern MA and 4-8 Manchester north.  All the model runs I can find seem to over-perform this.  That said, when I rip and read the model QPF / weenie maps and contradict Mets I'm almost always wrong.

What are they seeing that I'm missing?  Bad thermal profiles?

59 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The reason why ne Mass does will in these late season events is because of a combination of lower ssts, latitude and the lack of a downslope element, which is absolutely fatal in late season events.

Some great discussion going on in here tonight... you are absolutely right, the downslope (even very subtle sinking air motion in the low levels) can hose that location.  The difference between 1C and 0C can be quite large when you take into account that sinking air can come with less precipitation amounts AND a warmer profile, so there's the double whammy.  Eastern MA doesn't deal with any of it if the sfc-850mb mean wind is in any way oriented with an eastern component.  If anything there is frictional convergence over the landmass, from the low level wind velocities decreasing (and piling up) as they move inland.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Has the RPM ever gotten a snowstorm right? Well I guess one of its 12 runs a day has. That thing is a POS

Disagree.  It was on fire 2 years ago.   Blew 2 weeks ago (weekend non event) but so did the entire guidance package.   And it seems to give a good signal on trends.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Disagree.  It was on fire 2 years ago.   Blew 2 weeks ago (weekend non event) but so did the entire guidance package.   And it seems to give a good signal on trends.

Cmon man, it was on fire in 15? Lol I remember 48 inch runs. I would trust the DGEX over that. I am impressed by your Mexican dinner though

Archived