Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tough call.  The thing Gore has going for it is that place does really well with SE low level flow in both precip production and that upslope should also help keep temps cooler in the mid levels.  SE flow from GFL to Gore is a pretty steady 3,000ft rise and I remember growing up skiing there they always did well in those systems where upper level winds are SW but it's SE lower down.  

Theres a reason the models crank the QPF there.  However I also have this feeling we all see more sleet than we think...HippyValley mentioned it and I always feel that way too that in these cases it always seems like the sleet comes faster and further than expected. It will likely wash out but we may see the first half of this system be like a raging sleetstorm for many with pockets of snow...that would be my concern.  

I wish I could see the Euro 800mb temps.

NWS Albany downgrades Warren county to WAWA only calling for 6 inches at Gore..... Doesn't make much sense to me

Just now, danstorm said:

Meh that shyte was 99.9% prob of 12+ for NYC 36 hours prior to the last storm.  

The king has officially fallen off his rocker.

i used precip type maps for the last storm and said 6-10 for NYC with sleet all from the Euro, you have to look at precip type maps too. in reality it didn't fall off its rocker those who fell for snow maps did

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM is still a bit late in redeveloping H7 so it has that initial warm tongue.

But man, LOL at what it does on Saturday morning...that's a pretty ridiculous 6 hour period.

What time are talking about this thing winding down (both out west and east)?  I'm seeing lots of differences of opinions on this.  I'm thinking I may need to drive all the way to the Pike to get into Boston.  More plows, likely less snow.  Too bad it's an extra 40 miles each way.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Talk about uncertainty with a forecast, for this area there is a 10" difference on the "most likely" map and the "potential for" maps that BOX issued.

I thought were were told to disregard the potential for and at least this much maps.

2 minutes ago, Morch Madness said:

Snow maps are going to be way off on this storm. That NAM map is not really what it shows.

Some of these warm layers are pretty marginal so the entire forecast has a lot of uncertainty in it anyway without the confusion of clown maps counting sleet. I think by far the hardest forecast is probably that pike region in MA up to near Rt 2....north of there probably gets croaked either way, taint or no taint....but that band just to the south could see a huge storm...like double digits...or it could just be a nuisance event.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'll quickly post this as its from my paysite and take it down in 5 minutes.   NAM info is freely available but this is the comparison of  accumulated snow of 12Z and 18Z NAM 

NAM 12Z.jpg

NAM18Z.jpg

Nobody cares if you post the NAM. It's the ECMWF products they freak about, because it isn't publicly accessible.

Archived