Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I know you did

I recall the obs , you had good snow growth and rates way longer than i did in LWM and my radar echoes were stronger

Yeah. Just think snow growth is my last concern for this one. It's going to be 7-8:1 aggies. 

Lift will eff it up more than anything. As long as we have good lift I think we're good. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, I mean take it with a grain of salt for now...its still running out to 47 hours, but this is what it looks like

Mar30_RPM15z_47.png

Not that the RPM swayed me, but I think we may need to entertain the idea of a daytime paster on Saturday. Everything is slower and it seems temps aloft start to drop substantially during the day.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wonder what King james thinks.

Looks a lot like '78.

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just ride whatever model and forecast gives MPM the least amount of snow.   That logic has worked out every winter since Oct 2011.  Lol.

LOL--I like the RPM will just posted.

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I don't have the temp issues like most are dreading, I'm going to pull a MPM and go with qpf for this one.

Welcome to the dark side.  It's cold, dry place.

Beautiful day--just strolled through Public Garden.  That's so much nicer than the Common.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not that the RPM swayed me, but I think we may need to entertain the idea of a daytime paster on Saturday. Everything is slower and it seems temps aloft start to drop substantially during the day.

Yeah I can almost imagine the snow coming in late Friday but it is not that heavy...it flips to sleet/rain (depending on location) for many...everyone yells bust...and then around 4-7am on Saturday morning, there's a lot of flashing over to heavy snow and it ends up ripping for 8-10 more hours in the CCB. Obviously I wouldn't want to forecast this exact scenario yet, but it's something that is showing up on some guidance. RGEM kind of hinted at this too.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I can almost imagine the snow coming in late Friday but it is not that heavy...it flips to sleet/rain (depending on location) for many...everyone yells bust...and then around 4-7am on Saturday morning, there's a lot of flashing over to heavy snow and it ends up ripping for 8-10 more hours in the CCB. Obviously I wouldn't want to forecast this exact scenario yet, but it's something that is showing up on some guidance. RGEM kind of hinted at this too.

My Box forecast has 50% chance of snow after midnight tonight.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Oof - also really stingy on the precip 6z-12z. That's ugly outside of far northern areas.

Closed upper levels and mid-levels south of SNE and qpf goes from like 0.8" in 6 hours to 0.1" for a place like BDL...lol.

QPF Tossed on that panel.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Closed upper levels and mid-levels south of SNE and qpf goes from like 0.8" in 6 hours to 0.1" for a place like BDL...lol.

QPF Tossed on that panel.

I think it maybe be a WSI grid spacing/coarse resolution issue on that QPF. I'll wait and see what the higher res stuff has.

Has a nice QPF max for eastern Mass with easterly low level flow and convergence. 

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I think it maybe be a WSI grid spacing/coarse resolution issue on that QPF. I'll wait and see what the higher res stuff has.

Has a nice QPF max for eastern Mass with easterly low level flow and convergence. 

It just looks really odd...I mean, if you saw that upper level, you wouldn't expect a sucker hole over N/C CT and W/C MA.

Just now, wxsniss said:

I can only see through 36hr but H5 looks to be further south imo... from this I'd anticipate less northern stream interaction, a more progressive solution and hopefully better development late... changes that could help eastern SNE but we'll see shortly

It looks good for E MA on Sat morning (and for E MA north of the pike prior to 06z Sat)...but it has this big sucker hole in precip tot he west which I think is probably affecting the rest of the processes ont hat run, kind of hard to tell. You have a closed 500mb and mid-level centers south of LI on that run. It's pretty ideal for precip production.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It looks good for E MA on Sat morning (and for E MA north of the pike prior to 06z Sat)...but it has this big sucker hole in precip tot he west which I think is probably affecting the rest of the processes ont hat run, kind of hard to tell. You have a closed 500mb and mid-level centers south of LI on that run. It's pretty ideal for precip production.

12z sat 850 mb 0c up to Gloucester. That's rain for most of E MA. -- no? 

Archived