Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

you understand probability and areas better than most, its not a snow map Garth the great minds here know everything and can do better, I mean it might snow, it might not, looks good, but maybe doesn't. This is a Hunchie MPM Pete Dendrite  Mitch special, the rest of the crew meh.PS Ryan uses these a lot and usually is pretty adept at predictions of snow highly based on probs.And it is an ens map 

Yes. I get that its a probs and not a snow map.  My inquiry was regarding the overall sh.itty resolution is all. If I look carefully I can see a game of Atari's Break Out from around 1980 being played in there somewhere.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yes. I get that its a probs and not a snow map.  My inquiry was regarding the overall sh.itty resolution is all. If I look carefully I can see a game of Atari's Break Out from around 1980 being played in there somewhere.

It might be lower resolution in order to filter out the noise.

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It might be lower resolution in order to filter out the noise.

Of course and being an ens map that has to be the case, we sit this one out

What:  Potential for accumulating snow, sleet and even a narrow swath of freezing rain.  Winter Storm Watch Issued North of the MA Pike and away from the coast, where the potential exists for 6+ inches of snow and sleet.  A narrow swath of freezing rain is also possible across the Worcester Hills/East slopes of the Berks with a tenth to quarter inch of ice accretion possible. Where:  Primary focus for the potential of significant wintry precipitation will be north of the MA Turnpike.  A period of wintry precipitation is still possible south of the MA Turnpike, but confidence is lower. When:  Precipitation likely arrives across western MA/northern CT between 4 and 8 am, and between 8 am and noon across eastern MA/RI Fri AM. Heavier precipitation probably holds off until after the morning rush hour.  Precipitation should arrive as mainly snow north of the MA Pike with a mixture or rain, sleet and snow south.  Heaviest precipitation falls Friday afternoon into Saturday morning.  Odds favor precipitation changing to rain south of the MA Pike Friday night, but some sleet and freezing rain possible across the Hills of northeast CT.  Snow may become heavy north of the MA Pike Friday afternoon continuing into Saturday morning, but may change to sleet and freezing rain which if occurs will limit snow accumulations. Uncertainty:  Still 48 to 72 hours out from this event, so specific details of this forecast will likely change.  A warmer solution will limit snow potential even across interior northern MA, with mainly sleet and freezing rain.  A colder solution would bring the potential for moderate to heavy wet snow to areas south of the Pike.  If 6+ inch snow amounts are realized, downed tree limbs/scattered power outages would be possible.

41 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Northeast MA will get smoked.

All of NE MA? Good luck with that. 10 to 20 kt winds ripping out of the east right off the Atlantic all the way up to Gloucester from 21z Friday to 12z Saturday. BL going to be flooded with maritime air. It will probably hit 40 in Boston around 0z Saturday.

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

All of NE MA? Good luck with that. 10 to 20 kt winds ripping out of the east right off the Atlantic all the way up to Gloucester from 21z Friday to 12z Saturday. BL going to be flooded with maritime air. 

Yea that is kind of a broad brush , he probably means 10 miles off the coast, nice look to cross sections in Lawrence

KLWM_2017032912_xt_240.png

17 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

If you are looking for smoothed out maps on Ens probabilities based on 10 KM Ens pixels, good luck, smoothing and broad brush it ain't.

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

All of NE MA? Good luck with that. 10 to 20 kt winds ripping out of the east right off the Atlantic all the way up to Gloucester from 21z Friday to 12z Saturday. BL going to be flooded with maritime air. It will probably hit 40 in Boston around 0z Saturday.

Hear is a neat trick.

Take the elevator to the top of the Prudential Center with a thermometer in hand, and let me know what it reads on Friday night.....that is if visibility is great enough to read it.

#h925tempsmatter

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea that is kind of a broad brush , he probably means 10 miles off the coast, nice look to cross sections in Lawrence

KLWM_2017032912_xt_240.png

I think pretty close to the coast on the n shore has big snows.....immediate Boston area still a bit of a wild card.

If this trends north, different ballgame.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hear is a neat trick.

Take the elevator to the top of the Prudential Center with a thermometer in hand, and let me know what it reads on Friday night.....that is if visibility is great enough to read it.

#h925tempsmatter

Congrats to the roof of the Pru? Sloppy Boston city  streets are awesome 

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He is a good met, but out of left field sometimes....like when he was so enamored with that phantom event earlier this month after the blizzard.

To each their own-

I'm not saying Boston won't have issues...they will...but hard for me to see 40s at BOS Friday night.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So what is your call ?

I could see you getting 3 of slop but Congrats MPM HUNCHIE PETE DENDRITE PF JEFFAFAF and all the rest of the guys and gals North of the Pike. however  I am not convinced that this doesn't end up a low ratio storm between route poop and I 90 at low elevations. WAWA and Weenie hill will probably do well. I wouldn't lock anything up in Rays hood either. Like I said before I could see this ending up warmer.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He is a good met, but out of left field sometimes....like when he was so enamored with that phantom event earlier this month after the blizzard.

To each their own-

I don't need to rehash previous events  to prove a point with this forecast. That was not the true context so quit misrepresenting the past and move on.

Archived