Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

*Includes Sleet* as it says on that map there as 10:1 snow.

Its useless but the model has a few warm layers aloft as the p-type charts show.

BDL sounding...classic IP/ZR we'll have to watch on the southern extent.

temp.thumb.png.cc2b13c9aefc8c7b4aa30a1e0d0275c5.png

Just to show the difference, pretty cool to see as the GFS gets the CCB going and dynamically washes out the warm layer at BDL that the NAM has so stout.

Note the time scale is different.

temp.thumb.png.9fc9b8c3ed51b609370a509f2bd0299a.png

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Not that anyone cares but I've got an eye on it.  Every 20 years (approximately) we have a late season bomb.  

1977 (May)

i hope it happens because 2037 is no guarantee for me to say the least....lol.

Not that anyone cares but tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us. Youll be around in 2037, physically or in spirit anyways ;) 

May 77 must of been crazy. How did the on air mets, they had tv back then right?, deal with it? did they call it in advance or did it sneak up on them and the public?

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not that anyone cares but tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us. Youll be around in 2037, physically or in spirit anyways ;) 

May 77 must of been crazy. How did the on air mets, they had tv back then right?, deal with it? did they call it in advance or did it sneak up on them and the public?

Although accumulations were most impressive well inland, May 77  (May 8th?) got accumulating snow all the way to the coast.  I was but a  lad but if I recall it was definitely a surprise storm.  There is very little information on-line regarding that storm but I believe elevated areas in WNE and E NY got over a foot.  :o

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Although accumulations were most impressive well inland, May 77  (May 8th?) got accumulating snow all the way to the coast.  I was but a  lad but if I recall it was definitely a surprise storm.  There is very little information on-line regarding that storm but I believe elevated areas in WNE and E NY got over a foot.  :o

Snow maps I saw online had huge totals in the elevated areas of sne and eny. 

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was living in Foxboro, MA at the time (young weenie at that point)   We had 10-12" of absolute cement.  Heavy, heavy tree damage.

Oldest winter weather memory of mine...

That was my first year teaching. I couldn't believe we were having a snow day on May10th( I came here from Long Island).

Archived