Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Chasers Killed in Texas

MattPetrulli

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, weatherextreme said:

Some cryptic info on social media, including a post with the supposed identities that was quickly deleted.  Tragic loss.  

since its all over Facebook now and his youtube channel with 5000 views might as well post it for those wondering

well known chasers involved...if you click the link....

looks like a stop sign was ran and the car t-boned issue ..at the very end....(edited out)

the audio is a little out of sync(behind)

2 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

since its all over Facebook now and this channel with 5000 views might as well post it for those wondering

well known chasers...if you click the link

looks like a stop sign was ran and the car t-boned..at the very end....(edited out)

the audio is a little out of sync(behind)

So very tragic to capture the very last moments of their lives. :(

I don't follow chasing very much living in NH.  I did have the weather channel on this afternoon as the storms approached Spur Texas and they had the feed on from a chaser that seemed like it was this voice.  I don't know if he was the one of the one's that was killed.  Either way its no less tragic and my thoughts are with the families.   Just awful....

Two of them are from my neck of the woods. I've followed his stream for a long time. Always saw him on spotter network around the area as well. Sad news indeed. I haven't heard who the third person was yet, I've heard rumors but nothing confirmed. 

The drivers and occupant in the two car crash west of Spur, Tx have been identified.

The driver of the Suburban was identified as Kelley Gene Williamson, 57, of Cassville, Mo. Mr. Williamson was ejected from the vehicle at the time of the crash. Mr. Williamson was not wearing his seatbelt. The passenger in the Suburban was identified as Randall Delane Yarnall, 55, also of Cassville, Mo. Mr. Yarnall was wearing a seatbelt.

The driver of the Jeep was identified as Corbin Lee Jaeger, 25, of Peoria, Arizona. Mr. Jaeger was wearing a seatbelt.

The crash is still under investigation.

Sergeant John Gonzalez
Texas Depart. Of Public Safety

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Sad... reports are one of the cars disregarded a stop sign and plowed through... RIP

Yeah, it was clearly captured on the video. I'm sure there will be speculation on why/how they blew the stop sign, but I will say that something similar once happened to me while driving in the country and I wasn't chasing and didn't think I was distracted.   

18 minutes ago, Fast11 said:

Before the video is edited (stopped) I think he realizes what is happening as you clearly hear the engine accelerate hard, realizing there was no way to stop. Just a bad deal God Speed to them.

If you listen past the part where the video stopped (possible stream delay?) you can hear Kelley at the very end of it saying "Good rotation on that thing."  Makes you wonder if that was the end delayed part of the audio and, he was looking away from the road towards the sky or something. (Just speculation)

44 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah, it was clearly captured on the video. I'm sure there will be speculation on why/how they blew the stop sign, but I will say that something similar once happened to me while driving in the country and I wasn't chasing and didn't think I was distracted.   

I saw at least two signs as they approached the intersection that warned of the stop sign. That was so easily preventable. 

8 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Can't believe thats who was killed. Guy is arguably the second most famous chaser out there other than Timmer

Yep, after losing Tim Samaras and co., and another one to a drunk driver (name escapes me now), this hits me almost as hard. I enjoyed Kelley's commentary while chasing. :(

Archived