SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a high of 84F yesterday and a high today (at midnight) of 72F.  Low this morning was 62F about 8:30, but temp has been rising since and am up to 69F (there are some 70s & 71s around me too), so will see if that warming trend continues.  Currently mostly cloudy but the sun has been breaking through on and off.  Any extra cooling from onshore flow this far inland may be overdone.

I'm pretty confident today is shaping up to be the typical central PA gets destroyed by severe storms that then weaken as they cross Lancaster and Chester, leaving most of SE PA getting a decaying thunderstorm in the evening that is nothing more than a rain shower. only real chance we have is if storms develop further ahead of the front. most of the area should see sun though by noon and temps/instability will be there this afternoon. But timing is just pretty awful for our area. I don't think the slight risk or 5% tor probs verify at all here. Lastest HRRR giving the area absolutely nada.

44 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I'm pretty confident today is shaping up to be the typical central PA gets destroyed by severe storms that then weaken as they cross Lancaster and Chester, leaving most of SE PA getting a decaying thunderstorm in the evening that is nothing more than a rain shower. only real chance we have is if storms develop further ahead of the front. most of the area should see sun though by noon and temps/instability will be there this afternoon. But timing is just pretty awful for our area. I don't think the slight risk or 5% tor probs verify at all here. Lastest HRRR giving the area absolutely nada.

I agree, The sun still hasn't broken through here yet, I'm sittin @ 57 now at 11 am That's not to say it wont warm up quickly once the sun finally break through. Although those storms that rolled through Berks early Saturday  morning  were not expected to be that bad and they turned out to be very destructive around here, in a 10 min. period I counted 20 strikes that were within 5 miles of me and several were extremely close during the 45 mins it lasted definitely the worst Id ever witnessed so we'll see what happens today..  

It seems to me that the SPC has been way too premature with their outlooks this year. Many high risks not verified and enhanced risks not living up to expectations as well. Although that is a byproduct of severe storm forecasting. Temperature is skyrocketing here now up into the lower 70s.

There was one little thin line of showers ahead of the front that came through within the past 30 minutes.  It left enough to moisten the ground a bit but not enough to tip the bucket and sun is now out.   Didn't appear to get anything overnight either and I had at least hoped for something to survive since I planted some veggies but as noted, those mountains did their job!  Midnight high was 73F and temp has been slowly falling and got down to 67F so far and is bouncing back up a bit in the sun.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There was one little thin line of showers ahead of the front that came through within the past 30 minutes.  It left enough to moisten the ground a bit but not enough to tip the bucket and sun is now out.   Didn't appear to get anything overnight either and I had at least hoped for something to survive since I planted some veggies but as noted, those mountains did their job!  Midnight high was 73F and temp has been slowly falling and got down to 67F so far and is bouncing back up a bit in the sun.

Yep, I don't think it lasted a minute. (no joke) Sunny now with many clear skies. No doubt cooler now and more "refreshing" outside.

Hopefully your veggies get some good rains on Friday. I didn't think we'd see anything severe, but felt confident we'd get a good line of showers. Nothing more than some passing drops this morning that didn't even wash the pollen off the car.

How ridiculously chilly the next 10 days to 2 weeks are looking for the season, mid October minus the weak sun angle coming. 2017 is all about being either too warm or too cool.

If the pattern holds it will be like a nuclear reactor the 3rd week of May.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:46 AM, RedSky said:

How ridiculously chilly the next 10 days to 2 weeks are looking for the season, mid October minus the weak sun angle coming. 2017 is all about being either too warm or too cool.

Praise Jesus....let it continue to Sept. Looks like highs in the 50s Sun, Mon and Tues for the burbs...woohoo!

Another bonus is a washout Friday to rid/cleanse away the annoying pollen.

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Praise Jesus....let it continue to Sept. Looks like highs in the 50s Sun, Mon and Tues for the burbs...woohoo!

Another bonus is a washout Friday to rid/cleanse away the annoying pollen.

I'm with you. Yesterday and Today are my ideal weather days. Mid 60s, but most importantly, low humidity. 

42 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'm with you. Yesterday and Today are my ideal weather days. Mid 60s, but most importantly, low humidity. 

I seriously think people who really enjoy temps in the 90s w/humidity (H-H-H) need to be on medication...something isn't right.

Archived