Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Part 2 of storm has gone poof unless the remainder in western PA somehow finds it's way here late tonight. This would be a much maligned unexpected dryslot in a winter storm.

Seems to be shrinking/losing intensity as well...probably just a couple showers here in the wee hours.

Happy Opening Day!! Not many better days of the year....no matter the weather! Should be a nice day here....not so much in the Queen City for the Opener... 

As I always say thank God for the Phils....if not for the 2008 Championship team sports fans in this town that are under 37 yrs old have never seen a winning team.

I am fortunate to have seen all the teams at least win 1 championship...uh of course that excludes the most losing team in my life in Philly - da Birds - the only team in town to win nada since the invention of color TV - sad!!

Go Phils!!!

2 hours ago, LVLion77 said:

With the models yesterday and still current flood watch, I expected to wake up to a more active radar this morning.  But it is fairly quiet thus far.  Perhaps this will all develop a bit later? 

I was thinking the same around 5:30am and was going to post because the radar was patchy showers at best. I decided to wait and see if it builds...and it has and continuing.

bu.jpg

most of the heavy rains have been towards central PA so far... only have had one heavy 10 minute shower today, other than that just mist. only .06" so far. thunderstorm complex in SE MD/DE border looks to be on a bee line for SE PA and  SNJ but we'll see if it holds together. right now the widespread 1-2" of rain forecasted is looking pretty iffy though outside of areas to the west... especially for those that miss the convection or if the complex weakens as it heads into much more stable air.

Archived