Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

66.9F  5:40am  Not bad out there. Temps will rise quickly...probably hit 90 around noon or shortly after.

Yesterdays high. 94.8F....felt it later in the day as things were roasting for a while.

Just hit 90F around 12:25...DP 63F...RH 41% which isn't bad.

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Finally hit 90F @ ~12:15.  Humidity still pretty low in the upper 30s - low 40s%.

I think we're only going to get one "real hot" day (tomorrow) in this "heat wave" as I expect DP and RH to be quite a bit higher Tuesday. Yesterday and so far today are very warm but not a wall of heat when you step outside. And there's a breeze here and there...

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

I think we're only going to get one "real hot" day (tomorrow) in this "heat wave" as I expect DP and RH to be quite a bit higher Tuesday. Yesterday and so far today are very warm but not a wall of heat when you step outside. And there's a breeze here and there...

I think because of the wind direction - mostly NW.   Soon as the winds shift to out of the S/SW, the moisture will start running up from the Gulf.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

I think because of the wind direction - mostly NW.   Soon as the winds shift to out of the S/SW, the moisture will start running up from the Gulf.

True. Even so we're getting off pretty easy w/only a day/day-half of uncomfortable weather. Wednesday and further is a piece of cake...

Up to 91.4   DP 63F   RH 40%

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

The heat wave is wimpy outside the big cities(and close burbs) 

Check out the GFS extended with a couple hot days next weekend/Monday cutoff again by a returning trough/NW flow that wants to hang around. Maybe this summer will be like 2009 and 2014 one can dream.

Archived