Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nUJ1he2.jpg

Here was my shelf

Storm was pretty good! Came in two parts. First part was with the shelf, probably had some 40-45 MPH winds that were pretty solid. Storm lasted about 5 minutes, 5 minute lull, and then the main line came in with more heavy rain and a few gusts. Not severe, but pretty solid.

Back edge has moved through.  Assuming nothing else bubbles up overnight, ended up with 1.04" total for the couple rounds of the event.  Currently mostly cloudy with some sun trying to break through and 71F. Winds are light to calm.  At the peak, I had an almost 3.5"/hour rate but the duration of the excessive rates was very short.

16 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Storms later today? NAM and HRRR show a little something moving through. But yeah, nice start to summer so far, what heat we've had hasn't locked in. But our big heat usually settles in after the 4th of July.

Think today has a sneaky storm threat ... mainly some gusty winds with some storms, could be severe for some. 

Seems like there's a good amount of dry air today which could enhance downdraft strength.

Saw there was a 20% chance of rain today so I blew it off........ Then I was driving home and it began raining so hard everyone on the entire highway had to pullover, then as I turned into my driveway, a limb of a tree, big enough to cause extensive damage, broke off right in front of my car. Easily 45+ winds in the heart of the storm.

10 hours ago, Newman said:

Saw there was a 20% chance of rain today so I blew it off........ Then I was driving home and it began raining so hard everyone on the entire highway had to pullover, then as I turned into my driveway, a limb of a tree, big enough to cause extensive damage, broke off right in front of my car. Easily 45+ winds in the heart of the storm.

It's the year of the 20% chance verifying

43 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like most of that first band has been pushing away to the NE and the sky is starting to brighten. Sun is trying to pop out but in this tropical-like regime, it will probably struggle with the overcast sky and small pockets of precip.  Got 0.04" rain so far this morning. Temp 75F with dp 72F.

Yeah...that just diminished. Thought for sure I would get more. I want sideways heavy rains....lol .01 so far....that's just pathetic. Stuff around Pitt heading this way though...

78.1F  /DP 72F   /Hum 83F

r12.jpg

r122.jpg

Archived