Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Rather not have 90F but how about 70's and low 80's good old spring weather? Had it with this streak of late October like temps in May, below normal March and May are you kidding me. Heater has been running regular for the last week!

Tomorrow may be the last Oct type weather day w/rain and highs in the 50s. I'll take 70s and low 80s but 90s/humid I dread...

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Tomorrow may be the last Oct type weather day w/rain and highs in the 50s. I'll take 70s and low 80s but 90s/humid I dread...

This area of low pressure has been a solid producer thus far.  You are probably right that this is last such day until October and I am weird that I do like these raw days (would have been an interesting setup if this happened in January!) but regardless bring on the summer thunderstorms.

38 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

This area of low pressure has been a solid producer thus far.  You are probably right that this is last such day until October and I am weird that I do like these raw days (would have been an interesting setup if this happened in January!) but regardless bring on the summer thunderstorms.

Not weird at all. I woke up this morning and happy to see the weather outside. Low clouds, rain, cool with a slight breeze. What not to like? Also the car receives a cheap wash and the pollen is swept away for the allergy sufferers. (myself)

48.4F / mod rain

Back edge seems to be rapidly approaching, this may wrap up by noonish for many of us.

It's fun to try and extrapolate what storms like this would produce if it was January. It looks like this will track inside the benchmark, so we'd probably change over to rain after a front end thump.

50 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Back edge seems to be rapidly approaching, this may wrap up by noonish for many of us.

It's fun to try and extrapolate what storms like this would produce if it was January. It looks like this will track inside the benchmark, so we'd probably change over to rain after a front end thump.

Looking at the radar just now I was thinking the same. Thankfully it's not snow or I (among others) would be flipping out a bit...

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

In January I think this would've been at least 8 inches for most of eastern PA even down to the Philly airport with a largely NNE wind flow.  Up here in the Lehigh Valley I think this would've been easily a 10-15" level of storm with temps in the 20s throughout and i am already over an inch of rain.  The current may surface map is tough to place in january though.  How cold is the high exiting northern NE in jan?  Silly ?s i suppose but fun. In any event there would be a january thaw approaching considering we are going into the 80s in 4 days.

38 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

In January I think this would've been at least 8 inches for most of eastern PA even down to the Philly airport with a largely NNE wind flow.  Up here in the Lehigh Valley I think this would've been easily a 10-15" level of storm with temps in the 20s throughout and i am already over an inch of rain.  The current may surface map is tough to place in january though.  How cold is the high exiting northern NE in jan?  Silly ?s i suppose but fun. In any event there would be a january thaw approaching considering we are going into the 80s in 4 days.

Agreed. Plus, wave lengths are different in Jan so the whole storm evolution probably would have been different. But taking the current set up as is, it's a fun what-if game to play. 

1 hour ago, LVLion77 said:

Yeah look at precipitation totals in eastern PA this one actually would have worked normal for once with snow totals instead of the usual higher amounts S&E

Rain is pretty much done but the winds have picked up a bit. 51.4F

*BTW: Not sure why local news outlets use "future cast radar". It's never correct. It either has precip coming in too early/late or leaving too early/late (or both)...it's always wrong.

Archived