Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

27 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I've had steady rain for hours now w/heavier precip moving up a little later. Wash that damn pollen away!

Looking ahead, I don't see us cracking 70 till around the 15th or so w/ 50s to low-mid 60s for highs.

mu.jpg

Have been getting heavier rain the past half hour (from light to moderate).  Up to 1/3" since midnight (most of it within the past hour).  And agree about the pollen.  My car was dusty with it yesterday!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Have been getting heavier rain the past half hour (from light to moderate).  Up to 1/3" since midnight (most of it within the past hour).  And agree about the pollen.  My car was dusty with it yesterday!

Heavy(ier) rain kicked in about 15min ago...going somewhat sideways as well.

52 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yup.  Have doubled my total since my last post.  Up to 0.66" now.  Peak rates have been around 3/4" an hour.

I was hoping to do better with this one  in the Lehigh Valley. We are in this pattern of missing the best rain this spring while areas  to the West appear to be doing much better. Even with this event we were almost dry slotted for an extended period of time in the early am and the heaviest rain to the south and west is currently  falling apart as it moves north. 

3 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

I was hoping to do better with this one  in the Lehigh Valley. We are in this pattern of missing the best rain this spring while areas  to the West appear to be doing much better. Even with this event we were almost dry slotted for an extended period of time in the early am and the heaviest rain to the south and west is currently  falling apart as it moves north. 

Tipped over to the 1 inch mark just now.  Dry slot is incoming maybe in the next hour or two.  Will be interesting to see where the triple point sets up and how long it takes the warm front to move north.

17 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Tipped over to the 1 inch mark just now.  Dry slot is incoming maybe in the next hour or two.  Will be interesting to see where the triple point sets up and how long it takes the warm front to move north.

Definitely brighter skies to the W. I'm happy even if it fails this afternoon...nice rains have already fallen and pollen has been washed away. See what happens? Either way, the grass is 2 shades greener than yesterday and I think each blade is giving the skies a "thumbs up".

Picked up a couple hundredths of an inch before midnight to bring the total up to 1.37" for yesterday.

Currently looking ominous out there for mid-day, with occasional light drizzle and temp @ 59F and falling (apparently a frontal passage happened - high earlier today was 65F).  Radar showing some spotty precip in the area.

4 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Picked up a couple hundredths of an inch before midnight to bring the total up to 1.37" for yesterday.

Currently looking ominous out there for mid-day, with occasional light drizzle and temp @ 59F and falling (apparently a frontal passage happened - high earlier today was 65F).  Radar showing some spotty precip in the area.

Damn, just jumped in here and exactly what I was thinking. I woke up early to partly to mostly sunny skies then "bam"...dark ass clouds moved in...cooling down. If it wasn't for the birds chirping...feels like Fall. (need some leaves burning smell though)

Stuff spinning around...we'll get a little more precip.

bs.jpg

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Forced myself to do all of the yard work yesterday, glad I did, yesterday was the better day. Been hovering around 51F much of the day with off and on drizzle.

I actually had a little more than drizzle. Pretty much a repetitive pattern all day. Dark clouds in the distance...5 minute shower.... skies brighten a bit, maybe a poke of sun. Then,  dark clouds in the distance...5 minute shower.... skies brighten a bit, maybe a poke of sun. Then,  dark clouds in the distance...5 minute shower.... skies brighten a bit, maybe a poke of sun. Then,  dark clouds in the distance...5 minute shower.... skies brighten a bit, maybe a poke of sun.

All w/highs in the low-mid 50s.

13 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Got down to 40.5F this morning, I'm curious to see if I can make it into the 30's tonight. Not exactly frost on the windshield this morning, more of a slushy-like substance.

I think "yes"...something like high 38.(?) or low - mid 39.(?) temps.

Finally get to see some sun this morning after a mostly overcast weekend....

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, Birds~69 said:

I think "yes"...something like high 38.(?) or low - mid 39.(?) temps.

Finally get to see some sun this morning after a mostly overcast weekend....

Yep, made it to 38.9F. Low dp this morning so nothing to scrape off the windshield.

18 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

NBC 10 throwing up a 90F spot next Thurs on their 10 day....hope it fails horribly.

58.2F

Rather not have 90F but how about 70's and low 80's good old spring weather? Had it with this streak of late October like temps in May, below normal March and May are you kidding me. Heater has been running regular for the last week!

Archived