SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85 for a high so far, now down to 83 with the clouds. The wind is really cranking, too.

I lost my computer and modem in the storm a few Thursdays ago. A neighbor said lightening struck the pole in his yard and the surge traveled through the cable line. Fortunately it didn't fry the TV. I have surge protectors and will unplug things before leaving the house if severe wx is forecasted, but I never though about unhooking the cable, too.

Crazy crazy weather continues, by early in the month we had finally succeeded in ending the drought then almost immediately the rain chances started failing. Now the upcoming rainy Sunday is dry on the GFS. Actually as recently as Monday this week was looking quite wet. Surface moisture imby is like chalk. 

Showers fail imby, dry weekend now coming. Let's not have a new drought.

I see today's 71 has been replaced with a 57F lol, not that there is room to complain with a possible top 5 warm April on tap. Blew the doors off over achieving with temps the last week.

Opposite world, many days have been turning out the opposite of how they were suppose to be. Sunday was suppose to be the worst day of the week and...

Wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow turns out half decent.

Only .25" total Fri-Sat two nasty days one would have thought there was more. GFS indicates just .4-.5" the next "wet" two days.

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Many people in Lancaster county felt it. Some folks close to the epicenter had a few things knocked over on shelves. 

Oh, ok. I didn't know.

It didn't get much recognition at all so I figured a ho-hum event. It was barely mentioned on the local news so I didn't think much of it. 

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Oh, ok. I didn't know.

It didn't get much recognition at all so I figured a ho-hum event. It was barely mentioned on the local news so I didn't think much of it. 

It seemed atypical of a "standard" quake. As opposed to long rumbling, it was a very sudden shake. Lancaster County Emergency fielded phone calls in the minutes after the quake from people concerned that we were under foreign attack, or that there was a large explosion. It only lasted several seconds. 

1 hour ago, LVLion77 said:

If the current setup of a coastal low happened in January we would all be upset.... very little front end yesterday for eastern pa and not much going on nowcasting the radar this morning.

There was all kinds of dry-slotting yesterday. Only got some on and off drops, which was surprising.

Archived