Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe weather risk 3-28 and 3-29 2017

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JasonOH said:

It's not a debris ball.  CC does not correlate with velocities and the CC drop is only in an area of low reflectivity, not high reflectivity. Since it's in an area of low reflectivity, it is ambiguous. I don't even think there has been a tornado on that storm in the last 20 mins. 

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.PNG

You're absolutely right. I should have looked closer at that area of low reflectivity and compared it to the "TDS" on CC.

It's not a debris ball.  CC does not correlate with velocities and the CC drop is only in an area of low reflectivity, not high reflectivity. Since it's in an area of low reflectivity, it is ambiguous. I don't even think there has been a tornado on that storm in the last 20 mins. 

IMG_7527.thumb.JPG.7a9e37c6f77a6c92a9b7a11654849259.JPG

IMG_7528.thumb.PNG.5c6ef8ca12ca2122211c883790574621.PNG

There was a TDS with a strong couplet near Oakdale, NW of that one. Don't know if that's the one he meant.

I'm driving from Joplin to Springfield. Currently in Carthage on I-44. Not even raining here but these posts have me seriously considering turning around and spending the night in Joplin. 

You should be fine, there's only a small non severe line in between you and Springfield.

Archived