Weathernoob335
Your 8th Annual SNE Lawn Thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Were they alright with it?

Haven't heard back. Standing in front of the pressure tank, I can see/hear the pump cycling probably 5 times over a 10min period. Multiplied by 12 different sprinklings, it's a lot, but not sure how to make it any better. Used to have a 200gal storage tank in our old house that was used, but not getting into that again. Figures the week after we get good rains, it dries up.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Haven't heard back. Standing in front of the pressure tank, I can see/hear the pump cycling probably 5 times over a 10min period. Multiplied by 12 different sprinklings, it's a lot, but not sure how to make it any better. Used to have a 200gal storage tank in our old house that was used, but not getting into that again. Figures the week after we get good rains, it dries up.

Not a lot of GPM

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Are you done mowing the pastures for the season or will it need it one more time?

IrishRob...    the pastures will continue to grow for the next couple of weeks but I don't like to keep them this low over the winter.  My thoughts are that we have so many deer.   If the field grass grows back to 6 to 8" thats good because it gives the deer more grass to eat when the snowpack is thin.  

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Haven't mowed my yard in weeks and its great. So much more time to do other sh*t. 

I would have mowed mine sooner if I wasn't so damn busy but it had been the same for me up until last weekend.  I think I last mowed like the 2nd week of August. I've only had a couple fee weekends all summer to do yardwork. 

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I would have mowed mine sooner if I wasn't so damn busy but it had been the same for me up until last weekend.  I think I last mowed like the 2nd week of August. I've only had a couple fee weekends all summer to do yardwork. 

Between new baby and everything else, yard has taken a back seat this year. Stupid dry spell since July has not helped. I don't know how Kevin wastes so much time. 

Actually to me yard work is not a waste of time, kind of enjoy being outside ,getting some physical activity and doing things. Believe my yard is a disaster because of clay soils but I try to at least keep it up, sort of a hobby. I can totally see where Kevin is coming from. I would rather be home outside in the woods with the quiet than either inside or near crowds, just me I guess. If its not mowing, trimming, pool care, it's in the woods trimming dead branches but being outside is who I am.

Archived