SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 mountain and foothill spring thread

Met1985

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the weather is decent for the few days after Memorial Day. I am visiting and want to go fishing as much as I can. Water levels are still a little low so hopefully it will rain decently like most models are showing the next 10 days

On 5/18/2017 at 2:25 PM, wncsnow said:

I just hope the weather is decent for the few days after Memorial Day. I am visiting and want to go fishing as much as I can. Water levels are still a little low so hopefully it will rain decently like most models are showing the next 10 days

Well flood watches out for us. We have been getting hammered all night long with heavy rainfall. It's nice to see and glad it's going to cool down.

14 hours ago, reflux said:

Yeah I'm a little concerned about my new place.  This happened Thursday night and the other half of this 75' tall beauty is leaning over my porch.  Got an arborist coming tomorrow, fingers crossed it makes it through the night! 

aviary_1495948449109.jpg

Yeah that's a bit too close for comfort.  We had several trees go down across the county last night.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Well, let the rain come again. GFS sticking with a chance of some 30's for lows for the middle of next week. 30's in June can't be common can it? Not sure where info like that would be easy to find.

From what I have found, Boone has had 21 Junes with at least one day with a low in the 30s since the 1920s. 

2003 had a low of 37. 

Looks like 33 is the record low for Boone in June. 1966 and 1933 are tied for first in that regard. 

Record Low Temps in June:

Banner Elk: 27 (1972)

Boone: 33 (1933, 1966)

Jefferson: 23 (1917)

Asheville: 27 (1889)

Cullowhee: 33 (1966)

Franklin: 34 (1984)

Archived