Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 mountain and foothill spring thread

Met1985

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Really surprised that this thread isn't more active right now. Mixed feelings about the snow. It feels weird to wish it away, but it's two months late and it's masters week. 

I'm all for it. This winter has been horrible. I hope we see flakes into May lol. A delay in the heat is much welcome. The models still look great for snow to start to break out tomorrow evening.

15 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Guess we got "lucky" with no real bad storms last night for the mountains. 

Still wishing for 70's and sun. I want to jump in the river, not my jacket. Tired of that crap. :lol:

Suck it up buttercup! Lol I love this weather. I'm sure soon we will be basking in sun and 70s again. 

40 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Suck it up buttercup! Lol I love this weather. I'm sure soon we will be basking in sun and 70s again. 

Yea I'm sure we'll have a few more warm/cold swings as we go through the month. No biggie.

1 minute ago, SnoJoe said:

Temps dropping quickly now. I'm at 35.9 but no snow yet. 

I'll give Ashey a pass. He did seem to be in a screw zone this winter.

I was trying so hard to forget all of that.

I hope my daughter is enjoying having moved to Seven Devils.

Today
A chance of rain showers before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 11am and 3pm, then snow showers likely after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Tonight
Snow showers likely before 1am, then a chance of snow after 1am. Patchy freezing fog between 2am and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Very windy, with a west northwest wind 38 to 44 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday
A chance of snow showers before 2pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Patchy freezing fog between 7am and 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 36 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Friday Night
A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 7pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 7pm and 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Had some decent hail out of a couple rogue cells around 7 this morning. That was unexpected.

Not sure if it was heavy rain or light hail, but had a storm move in at around 615 this morning. But I refused to get out of bed to see what was falling. I didnt think there was a chance really of any rain after the midnight line.

5 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Not sure if it was heavy rain or light hail, but had a storm move in at around 615 this morning. But I refused to get out of bed to see what was falling. I didnt think there was a chance really of any rain after the midnight line.

Probably the same storms from here (they were moving that way). Pea sized hail left a nice white hue on the ground and covered up my stairs. Very close thunder coupled with the hail hitting right outside my window woke me up. 

Archived