• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 18/19 Storm? Will Winter 2016-17 End With a Bang or a Whimper?

HimoorWx

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Normal snow and B- with crappy temps? I'm not even giving this a B- here with 58". 

We got above average snow. Some bouts of cold. Some bouts of warm. We also had more than one large event. It wasn't an overly frustrating winter. Usually at least got front end snow in bigger ones. Not a ton of subsidence pain. Heavily weigh frustration. 

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

We got above average snow. Some bouts of cold. Some bouts of warm. We also had more than one large event. It wasn't an overly frustrating winter. Usually at least got front end snow in bigger ones. Not a ton of subsidence pain. Heavily weigh frustration. 

I give it a C. If we had better temps, a B-.   C to me is average grade. If we can grab something decent from here on out, it will get  a better grade.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol.. grabbing something decent in this upcoming pattern looks like there's a better chance of you running a marathon 

Well I'm sure many felt that way last year at this time and then we got the snowiest April in 20years. You never can tell. 

It was a weird winter. We've basically had 4 straight months with similar temperatures. The most extreme cold was in Dec and Mar...nice torches in Jan and Feb. All things considered, we timed the events relatively well. If someone showed me the Jan and Feb numbers ahead of time I never would've guessed we'd have ended up with this month snow through mid March. There were a few biggies scattered amongst the region as well. I have my chooks now so part of me is thankful we didn't have any extreme mins under -10F. Overall I have no qualms with this winter here. I wish we could've scored last week's storm on the heels of that mid Feb run, but you can't have everything you want in life.

From a winter weenie perspective, I grade it a C.

From a weenie/ease of life combo, I grade it an A-.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Solid B here. We're pretty solidly above Norma for snowfall... which is the biggest factor for me anyway.

Rentention was awful.. but that is to be expected down here. 

Temps were warm for the most part.

Two 12"+ storms is not bad

I definitely would rate it higher if temps were better. It just seemed like we would get a big storm and then melt hours later. Except this recent storm lol.  Storms were good so I could argue a bit better of a grade I suppose. 

16 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Jerry had 9? yeah EMA had bad luck this month, well the Cape also had 8 to 10 with the clipper.West was best

FB_IMG_1489757707358.jpg.af68004f62247653e1dee0840607abf9.jpg

Map spot on for Easton. However, its too light for the Stamford Norwalk SW corner which had more than Bridgeport.

I give this winter a B+. I love snow and my town was 140% of average and I love warm temps. Best of both worlds. The past 17 years have been nothing short of amazing.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:55 AM, jbenedet said:

Heh 3k NAM. That would be fun...warning snows from LI up to MA/NH border.

still time to trend ;)

An odd winter.  Almost continuous snowfall will make it 4 months, from Dec 5 to April 5.  Open field, but not the woods, lost snow completely end of Feb/early Mar.  Higher than average snowfall, but true winter conditions didn't persist for long periods of time.  I give it a B-.

4 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

still time to trend ;)

An odd winter.  Almost continuous snowfall will make it 4 months, from Dec 5 to April 5.  Open field, but not the woods, lost snow completely end of Feb/early Mar.  Higher than average snowfall, but true winter conditions didn't persist for long periods of time.  I give it a B-.

Yea. Agreed. I gradually moved onto the next potential for next weekend after this began the adverse trend two days ago. I booked lift tickets for cranmore earlier today for Sunday the 26th, betting they'll see some pack refreshing snow Friday into Saturday. 

Archived