• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 18/19 Storm? Will Winter 2016-17 End With a Bang or a Whimper?

HimoorWx

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If you lived west..you wouldn't be feeling that way.  Way better out this way..we got a great dose from mother nature, and we put the cold to good use over here!!  

Best sustained winter period of the entire Winter hands down.  We couldn't get any cold to stay and hold...never mind snow to stay, but the last 8 to 10 days have been great. And it came in March no less...impressive end to astronomical winter for this area.  

Though Out east..I get your point.  

Your weather was no different. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Your weather was no different. 

Go back to Texas..or get a clue!  17 inches between Friday the 10th and Tuesday the 14th!  And it's been sustained cold to boot!   So this has been a very good end to winter over here.  

Sorry it hasn't been all to great where you are!  

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Go back to Texas..or get a clue!  17 inches between Friday the 10th and Tuesday the 14th!  And it's been sustained cold to boot!   So this has been a very good end to winter over here.  

Sorry it hasn't been all to great where you are!  

It's been the same minus a few inches.  Jerry doesn't live in DC.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's been the same minus a few inches.  Jerry doesn't live in DC.

The last storm was much better out here than where JERRY was.  

My point was only, that this has been a good close to winter.  Big dense snow pack and very cold temps..especially for March.  Imo the cold was put to good use here.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The last storm was much better out here than where JERRY was.  

My point was only, that this has been a good close to winter.  Big dense snow pack and very cold temps..especially for March.  Imo the cold was put to good use here.

Yeah great for March, but winter as a whole sucked for temps.  It was very warm.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah great for March, but winter as a whole sucked for temps.  It was very warm.

Exactly!!  I was only meaning this last 8 or 9 days.  It's been a very good stretch...imo the best of the winter for sustained cold and snow retention for the/my area.   

Every other snow event was gone in a day or two, due to it immediately warming up after a snow event.   

Archived