• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 18/19 Storm? Will Winter 2016-17 End With a Bang or a Whimper?

HimoorWx

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

But but but Snow88 said they always trend north?

Norlun troughs usually do

You know that from past experiences

I thought you said I wasn't going to see snow again? I saw snow last week 

Anyway , winter is now over from sne southward bearing a miracle.

Just came in here quickly to say Sorry Guys.  It's cause I'm home and don't leave for Finland until Tuesday.  I told Garth (ColdMiser) yesterday that I was SURE this storm would do Something to miss Somehow so I couldn't see 1 more flake, 1 more storm.  Here it is.  An ALL-TIME 6 Hour Shift.  My Fault.  

16 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Just came in here quickly to say Sorry Guys.  It's cause I'm home and don't leave for Finland until Tuesday.  I told Garth (ColdMiser) yesterday that I was SURE this storm would do Something to miss Somehow so I couldn't see 1 more flake, 1 more storm.  Here it is.  An ALL-TIME 6 Hour Shift.  My Fault.  

lol.

Play us one more rendition of Amazing Grace as we lower the casket of this winter into the ground.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Really only for Boston and maybe south shore. Cape got hit hard by the clipper and interior got clocked pretty hard earlier this week. 

I would just like to get something more than 1 storm though. Even for the interior it may only be one storm.  Maybe we can get luck and sneak something in before month's end. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would just like to get something more than 1 storm though. Even for the interior it may only be one storm.  Maybe we can get luck and sneak something in before month's end. 

At last the snow will stick around for a little while.  During much of the winter, whenever we got hit, it would be gone pretty quickly.  Walking the dog around here and skiing it looks and feels like mid winter.

Beautiful, April Sping weather will be here soon enough...that is something to look forward to

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

At last the snow will stick around for a little while.  During much of the winter, whenever we got hit, it would be gone pretty quickly.  Walking the dog around here and skiing it looks and feels like mid winter.

Beautiful, April Sping weather will be here soon enough...that is something to look forward to

I love April in New England. Can't beat 48 and east winds. 

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think it's already been hashed out.... but there has been some really poor modeling at short leads this year... from all models 

Yes, Will just said that, and you're both right!! 15 years ago this was more common..but in 2017 for this to happen at such extremely short lead time, is pretty sad imo.  

If I don't get another flake, a lil over 65 inches is a good season for my hood-solidly above normal by 15-16 inches!  So can't complain about that. 

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I was actually thinking about this mainly for the ct river if it stays cold then warms up quickly.. We would need some heavy rain and a very warm airmass after the cold breaks.. I guess its possible..

We've had some mild and dry springs lately. Time to flood. 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Norlun troughs usually do

You know that from past experiences

I thought you said I wasn't going to see snow again? I saw snow last week 

Anyway , winter is now over from sne southward bearing a miracle.

I have to give you that Ant, Scott did say that.  Don't know about wasted month of cold either.  Pretty happy with how it turned out. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I can't believe how bad guidance completely sh*t themselves less than 48hrs out. Unreal. Just pulled a gorilla exhibit. Defecated and then took it and smeared it on each other's face.

I can't recall any similar complete phail this close in the last 3 years. I actually thought I was loading cached data. I mean at all levels not just surface, in 6 hours poof

Archived