• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
codfishsnowman

No way that 21.7 is correct, even with six hour method

Barely a foot here 7 miles ssw, no one else reports more than 14 in any of the surrounding towns except Ludlow which is the Lunnenburg of this area in that regard

So to Ginxy....seeing that ridiculous inflated total makes the whole situation even worse around here bc it is an absolute and utter lie!!! 

Despite colder temps it was a moisture laden foot or so of man snow, nice storm for mid march but nothing earth shattering

A little suspicious about BDL too, seems an inch or two too high

Discuss

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

No way that 21.7 is correct, even with six hour method

Barely a foot here 7 miles ssw, no one else reports more than 14 in any of the surrounding towns except Ludlow which is the Lunnenburg of this area in that regard

So to Ginxy....seeing that ridiculous inflated total makes the whole situation even worse around here bc it is an absolute and utter lie!!! 

Despite colder temps it was a moisture laden foot or so of man snow, nice storm for mid march but nothing earth shattering

A little suspicious about BDL too, seems an inch or two too high

Discuss

Where'd that CEF total come from? 

BDL seems OK... that's what Collinsville had. The storm also had some weird jackpots. There was a band of 18-20 in Bristol/Southington/Burlington CT even though I only had 13 or 14 here in WeHa. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

Where'd that CEF total come from? 

BDL seems OK... that's what Collinsville had. The storm also had some weird jackpots. There was a band of 18-20 in Bristol/Southington/Burlington CT even though I only had 13 or 14 here in WeHa. 

Ginxy posted a link back in the obs thread, one of the local mets Nick Bannin wwwlp

35 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol.

A thread with the sole purpose of complaining about snow totals.  This is a new one. I would be very surprised if the :weenie:Tag was not instituted in the near future. 

Look at DIT's season total compared to other folks in the area, that's a direct result of elevation. Some might not believe it but having lived at 825' myself it's 100% accurate. Having driven through the area between Springfield and Northampton for 35 years for skiing, that area chronically has less snow than surrounding areas. Even driving to Mount Snow yesterday, my son remarked how much less snow was OTG there than in Enfield.

3 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Look at DIT's season total compared to other folks in the area, that's a direct result of elevation. Some might not believe it but having lived at 825' myself it's 100% accurate. Having driven through the area between Springfield and Northampton for 35 years for skiing, that area chronically has less snow than surrounding areas. Even driving to Mount Snow yesterday, my son remarked how much less snow was OTG there than in Enfield.

Of course. Anyone who has done even a remote bit of traveling in new england during the winter knows this.  I used to love my trip from R.I.up to Williamstown, Ma in a snow storm during my college days. Almost everytime there was an eastern or southen taint issue I would eventually drive out of it into all snow. I used to love those night rides.  Even in certain storms I would notice differences on I90 in Springfield and usually the snow amounts were low there.

Kevin gets a lot of sh.it for the reason you mention, people just dont get where he is and how his location can be a snow magnet.  He will even tell you that part of the reason that he lives where he does on purpose for that reason.

Everyone wants to jack but thats not the way it works. My town had its day in the sun a few years back when chanel 3 set up in Brooklyn Ct knowing that our area was going to get hit the most.

57 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Of course. Anyone who has done even a remote bit of traveling in new england during the winter knows this.  I used to love my trip from R.I.up to Williamstown, Ma in a snow storm during my college days. Almost everytime there was an eastern or southen taint issue I would eventually drive out of it into all snow. I used to love those night rides.  Even in certain storms I would notice differences on I90 in Springfield and usually the snow amounts were low there.

Kevin gets a lot of sh.it for the reason you mention, people just dont get where he is and how his location can be a snow magnet.  He will even tell you that part of the reason that he lives where he does on purpose for that reason.

Everyone wants to jack but thats not the way it works. My town had its day in the sun a few years back when chanel 3 set up in Brooklyn Ct knowing that our area was going to get hit the most.

he doesn't get picked on that bad....please

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yes he does, I used to live just south of him at about 200' less in elevation and would frequently back him up on snow totals.

no he doesn't...he has made some great calls a week away whether by luck or skill who knows

I don't think he has slanted any totals at all except maybe by an inch or two feb 13 and with that much snow it could be just noise anyways

he gets picked on for other reasons

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Doesn't scoob live right near CEF? Maybe he could chime in on how much snow there was around there. The report does look a bit high to me based on other areas nearby, but I can't say for sure it's bad.

I am used to Enfield and Agawam reporting more snow for geographic reasons but it is not usually more than a few inches

11 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

no he doesn't...he has made some great calls a week away whether by luck or skill who knows

I don't think he has slanted any totals at all except maybe by an inch or two feb 13 and with that much snow it could be just noise anyways

he gets picked on for other reasons

His seasonal snowfall total and storm total has in the past, look back.

39 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

there has been a ton of discussion in here about horribly inflated totals

bwi pd2, boston dec03, bdl dec 2010, philly jan 96, philly feb 2010 and so on

this is anyone of those x2 or 3

I was in the BWI area for pd2 and it's still by far the largest storm for totals I have seen to date. There is something about crossing that 30" threshold that just looks totally different then your run of the mill 2 footer. Cars were completely covered as in nothing at all showing 

21 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

he is also on borrowed time to some extent bc when we do get back into a pattern where storms are more tucked in he will not do quite as well

The Springfield to Northampton corridor is horrible for snowfall, don't ask me why. I'm surprised Mt Tom survived as long as it did.

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I was in the BWI area for pd2 and it's still by far the largest storm for totals I have seen to date. There is something about crossing that 30" threshold that just looks totally different then your run of the mill 2 footer. Cars were completely covered as in nothing at all showing 

there was a lot of discussion about that one, so youre saying it was accurate?

Archived