Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2017 at 10:39 AM, snowman19 said:

If the inverted trough (if one forms) it is going to hit New England, as they always do. How many times have they been predicted here and it turned into total futility. I'm making the call right now and Morris can throw it in my face if I'm wrong, but over the next 2 days the models will shift the norlun will shift into eastern New England and this "event" will turn into a non event down here Saturday. Little to no accumulation this weekend. Boundary layer temps too warm, crappy thicknesses, weak isentropic/overrunning, late March. This will be the next bust for the area

I'm not a meteorologist, but this Thursday prediction is looking pretty good as of now, or still too early to say?

5 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

I'm not a meteorologist, but this Thursday prediction is looking pretty good as of now, or still too early to say?

Sure. Show some maps of the ivt and where itll set up. You know, to make the point easier. 

9 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Sure. Show some maps of the ivt and where itll set up. You know, to make the point easier. 

Responding just to make sure there's no misunderstanding.  I quoted a Thursday prediction that the 3-5" forecast would not come to pass, and that it would shift to the NE.  Reading that post a short while ago, and seeing the current forecasts, I thought that that seemed to be interestingly spot on, so I made mention of it, but also asked if it was too early to say, since I'm not a meteorologist.

33 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

When was the last time NYC was under an ivt?

February 2009 lol.  We had one that dumped 4" at JFK but we weren't even in the bullseye- Philly got 8" from that one!

Very memorable event as it was dumping snow while there was a gorgeous sunset at the same time, and it looked like pink confetti was coming down from the skies.

5 minutes ago, Paragon said:

just changed to snow here, don't expect any accumulation

U got that right, no accumilations in the local area, a deform band looks to be forming around Poughkpsie though, the climatelogically rich sure got richer this week. Not jinxing them or anything! LOL

53 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

Responding just to make sure there's no misunderstanding.  I quoted a Thursday prediction that the 3-5" forecast would not come to pass, and that it would shift to the NE.  Reading that post a short while ago, and seeing the current forecasts, I thought that that seemed to be interestingly spot on, so I made mention of it, but also asked if it was too early to say, since I'm not a meteorologist.

I understand. Im just asking for the maps from short term models showing the ivt in eastern NE. 

39 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Has anybody noticed that area of pecip that formed over western pa and West Virginia which has been growing in coverage and now it's entering into central pa?? Looks to be heading in this direction. Anybody wish to comment?

I noticed that right now hopefully it doesn't go south cause that's what the models were showing. "Let's see if it bombs out on top of us"

Archived