Weathernoob335
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Light sleet on the UWS.

pretty crazy to go from the south shore where there is no snow left to deep winter and solid snow pack in Manhattan 

You can see how sharp the cutoff is over the SE sections.

t1.17076_USA4_143.2000m.jpg.8baf4981f051c58836738459105f2d4c.jpg

11 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

U mean graupel ? Snow is sticking to the old snow nicely . Not any on the roads but also on car tops but kind of slushy 

I saw graupel yes, I used Ice pellets as the general name.  Snow coming down good here now.  Fat flakes and sticking to all cold surfaces.

1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

I saw graupel yes, I used Ice pellets as the general name.  Snow coming down good here now.  Fat flakes and sticking to all cold surfaces.

Easy to see it sticking on old snow , old snow top level was ice (hard) maybe we get lucky and get an inch 

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Any mets want to take a stab at why we are seeing sleet? I was under the impression that it was plenty cold from 925 up. I would think it would with be snow or rain. We have had sleet and a heavier graupel showers here on the UWS 

Rain south of Sunrise and sleet/graupel/rimmed flakes near the Southern State. 

2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Easy to see it sticking on old snow , old snow top level was ice (hard) maybe we get lucky and get an inch 

Yeah, it's sticking to everything now, even concrete surfaces in the backyard (except where there's residual salt).  I think my elevation is helping a bit.

Archived