SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is less than an inch of snow between now and Sunday for the entire metro area. In fact, some might just see rain showers, the boundary layer is warming dramatically. The radar and satellite look horrible and for good reason based on what's happening aloft right now. Total non event

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

It's amazing how the models can't get a forecast right 1 day before the event .  Smh .

I know you probably thought I was trolling the last few days when I said I didn't think the models would have a good handle on this until the very last minute and that 1-3" was a good forecast.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I know you probably thought I was trolling the last few days when I said I didn't think the models would have a good handle on this until the very last minute and that 1-3" was a good forecast.

I didn't

These troughs are very tricky to predict. They usually end up in SNE but this time around, the models lost it. It wasn't just the Nam that saw the inverted trough ( RGEM, Nam, GFS,GEFS, Ukie, JMA )

Euro was the only model not showing it.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Yes I have to agree 1-3 inches is by far the max the area will see... but where is it coming from the radar is absolutely putrid right now? Someone please explain. 

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

It also had me staying as all snow until the next to last run. I would have easily topped 20" here if the earlier runs of the RGEM were correct.

Yes.  A lot of models had our area, especially mine being a little more inland, staying all snow.  The reason I got half of most forecasts was because of the massive amount of sleet.

Anyway, these late season storms rarely pan out.  There's always something holding them back it seems.  Temps, bad track, models bust, lack of moisture, etc.

12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Upton finally dropped mention of any accumulations

.TONIGHT...Cloudy. Light snow and light rain likely in the
evening...then a chance of light snow after midnight. Little or
no snow accumulation. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation
60 percent. 

Up in Pleasantville NY they still have me with an inch accumulation tonight and up to half an inch during the day....

Tonight
Rain and snow likely before 7pm, then snow. Low around 28. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Northeast wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Archived