SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nam is a bit lost. 3km and 4km both redevelop the low several times, several hundred miles apart up and down the east coast from 36-48 hours. 12km and 32km both want to take the low east. We'll see. I'm not ready to give up on this storm, though I'm not excited either. That being said, the upper levels don't look all that different and actually look more favorable for snow. - compared to previous runs -

1 minute ago, cleetussnow said:

No, Not specifically the NAM it just came out that was at 5:30 today 

Again, we won't know what's happening with this until it's happening overhead. Could be a coating, several inches or more if a band really does form. The fact that this inverted trough band is only really showing up on some NAM runs makes me suspicious but we'll see. I guess odds are this is a disorganized late developer mess until it comes around to nail eastern Mass and pad Boston's totals another 6" or so. 

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Again, we won't know what's happening with this until it's happening overhead. Could be a coating, several inches or more if a band really does form. The fact that this inverted trough band is only really showing up on some NAM runs makes me suspicious but we'll see. I guess odds are this is a disorganized late developer mess until it comes around to nail eastern Mass and pad Boston's totals another 6" or so. 

As is almost always the case. Their location is just perfect. Usually plenty cold enough and plenty of ocean SW of them to give storms ample time to develop 

21 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I know there is the rest of 00z to go but it might be time to toss this one. The only models that got anything close to right for the blizzard are both showing a disorganized mess and those are the only ones I trust. It's clear where this is going

Just like this one went South tonight it could come back equally organized tomorrow night at the same time right before the event itself. They could still go either way

Add the 0z UKMET to the list of nothing, nada for tomorrow. Every 0z run (NAM, RGEM, GFS, CMC, UKMET) went to a non event so far, the Euro is the only one left tonight and its had a non event every run since last night. I think the red flag was when the SREF went really dry earlier today

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

Add the 0z UKMET to the list of nothing, nada for tomorrow. Every 0z run (NAM, RGEM, GFS, CMC, UKMET) went to a non event so far, the Euro is the only one left tonight and its had a non event every run since last night. I think the red flag was when the SREF went really dry earlier today

The 0z Euro is a complete miss again, nothing for the 3rd run in a row

Wow, everybody gave up.  I can see why, though, lol.  The 6Z runs continue to show little to no snow south of 78 and at most 1-2" north of there, and probably only at higher elevations. Very surprised the NWS-Philly maintained the advisories for Sussex/Warren/Morris and the Poconos/Lehigh Valley for 3-6" above 1000' and 1-3" in the valleys. They did cut snowfall amounts elsewhere, however, as per the map. And even these amounts are generous vs. what the models show. I think they're hedging their bets a bit in case the storm over-delivers, which is always still possible, but not likely - I could easily see little to no accumulation anywhere south of I-80, except at higher elevations in NJ/PA.  We'll see.  In case anyone cares, here are the maps..

No automatic alt text available.

44 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Wow, everybody gave up.  I can see why, though, lol.  The 6Z runs continue to show little to no snow south of 78 and at most 1-2" north of there, and probably only at higher elevations. Very surprised the NWS-Philly maintained the advisories for Sussex/Warren/Morris and the Poconos/Lehigh Valley for 3-6" above 1000' and 1-3" in the valleys. They did cut snowfall amounts elsewhere, however, as per the map. And even these amounts are generous vs. what the models show. I think they're hedging their bets a bit in case the storm over-delivers, which is always still possible, but not likely - I could easily see little to no accumulation anywhere south of I-80, except at higher elevations in NJ/PA.  We'll see.  In case anyone cares, here are the maps..

Yea the 6z runs (NAM, RGEM, GFS) still have nothing, just like last night. In fact, 1-2 inches may be too generous. The snowfall map I just saw from the 6z NAM from wxbell has zero accumulation. 

Archived