Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Yanks according to nam we switch over to moderate to heavy snow Sunday night midnight...

Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Yanks according to nam we switch over to moderate to heavy snow Sunday night midnight...

Change occurs at around 8pm

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

NAM really wants to clock areas from the city east around midnight with the inverted trough again. A little bit at the start would be wasted as rain but it will go over to snow if precip intensity improves and after dark.

Para nam also

My hunch is the IVT will set up slightly northeast of the NAM on a line from central to eastern Suffolk WNW into SW CT near HPN and into Rockland near the Tappan zee.  I think NYC metro will be on the southwest edge of this.   This is just via combining a bunch of the  models and upper level stuff

13 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Could be like a LES streamer that gets stuck in place and just dumps away with a sharp fall off away from the prime axis.

I doubt its that truncated though, a streamer typically is 3-5 miles at its heart, but I get your point. I think this is a situation that should start to sort itself out a this time tomorrow, a few hours before the event, with the more reliable Meso models. As long as the NAM keeps honking till then. It certainlt has had impressive consistency for several runs now.

Archived