Newest Member
    Dano62
Possible ligh snow event 3/18-3/19 & Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Each NAM likes to print out it's own solutions it seems.  Most of the time they're not even remotely similar either.

Nope never the same lol, hi res ALWAYS shows more snow on maps... and usually concentrates it in a totally different location... instead of updates they need less Nams 

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Nope, hi res ALWAYS shows more snow on maps... and usually concentrates it in a totally different location... instead of updates they need less Nams 

Yeah, I thought they would more or less cross check each other and have somewhat similar solutions, distribution of QPF, etc.

I'm not as concerned about this becoming a New England event because the pattern over maritime Canada or east of New England forces the track of this system south.  I'm mostly concerned the IVT takes awhile to develop or as is customary it doesn't extend THAT far west and only LI and CT really see anything 

10 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'm not as concerned about this becoming a New England event because the pattern over maritime Canada or east of New England forces the track of this system south.  I'm mostly concerned the IVT takes awhile to develop or as is customary it doesn't extend THAT far west and only LI and CT really see anything 

I forget, did we see anything significant with the Norlun last year (or was it the year before)? I kinda remember the hype, but if I recall, it was only flurries. 

10 minutes ago, WaPo said:

I forget, did we see anything significant with the Norlun last year (or was it the year before)? I kinda remember the hype, but if I recall, it was only flurries. 

I honestly don't remember.   I only recall two events and both more or less busted.  One was early January 2011 I think and nothing ever materialized.  The other was maybe 2 or 3 winters ago, models til literally the day of had it over NYC.  The day of the Euro came in with it over CNJ and ultimately that's where it hit.  I think a few spots got 6/8, but up until 12 hours before every model had it over the metro for days on end.

Now I do think I recall the event last year.  It was in February and I think the trof never developed and again models were late on it.  I think they showed 3-5 inches up til 24 hours out then kept backing off to basically nothing. 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I honestly don't remember.   I only recall two events and both more or less busted.  One was early January 2011 I think and nothing ever materialized.  The other was maybe 2 or 3 winters ago, models til literally the day of had it over NYC.  The day of the Euro came in with it over CNJ and ultimately that's where it hit.  I think a few spots got 6/8, but up until 12 hours before every model had it over the metro for days on end 

2015. Remember it perfectly the park got .9". I received 3" from it just 6 miles SE in brooklyn 

Archived