Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit more intrigued now.  My 140' elevation is definitely  a concern but a dynamic solution like the GFS would even dump pretty good here. Still low confidence as we would really need an isothermal bomb to pound paste here at the valley floor. I'd Still favor MPM, Hubb, Whineminster, and the N of Pike 1K elevation peeps but I'm at least somewhat intrigued.

Folks, if this solution verified....take your altitude derived gradients and shove 'em...especially east.

It's quintessentially placed within the diurnal cycle, and the GFS raw 2M temp output has 33* over interior e MA.

That's just a snowstorm.

Period....powdery at elevation, man-snow down below.

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Folks, if this solution verified....take your altitude derived gradients and shove 'em...especially east.

It's quintessentially placed within the diurnal cycle, and the GFS raw 2M temp output has 33* over interior e MA.

That's just a snowstorm.

Period....powdery at elevation, man-snow down below.

Agreed. That was a nice run.  

What an insane map for April 3.  Even if its tainted, still pretty insane.  I was all set to get my car and winter wheels washed today  to do the annual switchover to summer meats, having fully resigned myself to the fact that with the dwindling vestiges of snow banks on the wane, its time...  But then I woke up and peered at the BOX long range discussion and I almost flipped.  I know snow maps are snow maps, but if thats not a mid winter GFS snow/sleet map, I dont know what is.  I'll probably switch over to the summer wheels today anyway, forecast not withstanding.. If there's a sure way to bring the goods, thats it!

Archived