SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left the Arctic of central New Hampshire early this morning and drove down to Boston we have doctors appointments today so I have very limited access and really can't look at the models. So nice and comfortable and 32 degrees down here so much colder up north. Wonder if it still looks like snow or any ice potential up in the elevations of my area of central New Hampshire for later this weekend next week. Nice to see some brown grass and buds down here in the Boston area!

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Left the Arctic of central New Hampshire early this morning and drove down to Boston we have doctors appointments today so I have very limited access and really can't look at the models. So nice and comfortable and 32 degrees down here so much colder up north. Wonder if it still looks like snow or any ice potential up in the elevations of my area of central New Hampshire for later this weekend next week. Nice to see some brown grass and buds down here in the Boston area!

That's from the end of Feb. Everything stopped since. Kind of crazy.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This better not end up 3-6 north of CON with 34 and light rain ORH south. Let's hope that high is strong enough to at least deliver icing for the hill towns 

I wouldn't count on anything frozen. Maybe if it shows it within 60 hours then I'll consider.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

65"? Did I miss a storm then cuz im at 50" or thereabouts.

Anyway, dont mean to derail model thread yet again. 

gfs is exactly who we thought it was. A terrible early spring run. days and days of delaying the coc.

You might have not added up all the lil events(half inch here, quarter inch there, 3 inches of sleet in another etc etc.), they add up.  DIT is 70 inches or over.  So ya, I'm at 65.25" on the season.  GFS Sucks A*S.  Was afraid of this.

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You might have not added up all the lil events(half inch here, quarter inch there, 3 inches of sleet in another etc etc.), they add up.  DIT is 70 inches or over.  So ya, I'm at 65.25" on the season.  GFS Sucks A*S.  Was afraid of this.

You and DITs climo is a bit diff though. I wouldnt use his summit numbers as a guide for what your base received. 

Im at 55.25" to be exact and did not miss an event. Does your ruler resemble the Leaning Tower?

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You and DITs climo is a bit diff though. I wouldnt use his summit numbers as a guide for what your base received. 

Im at 55.25" to be exact and did not miss an event. Does your ruler resemble the Leaning Tower?

zonties.jpg

I thought everyone in CT used the Zonties yardstick?

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

lol, If you get 18", You can be right once.

I forget which storm that was, but I remember how excited he was when he posted his "proof" of having 24". What a funny kid he was. I wonder where the hell he went...it's been over 10 years now back during the Eastern days.

Just now, dendrite said:

I forget which storm that was, but I remember how excited he was when he posted his "proof" of having 24". What a funny kid he was. I wonder where the hell he went...it's been over 10 years now back during the Eastern days.

And i remember that, Wasn't he from somewhere in western CT?

54 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No, not using his numbers at all.  Was only implying that Kevin adds up everything(as he should), and so did I.  I can PM you with the days and amounts if you are incredulous on the amount.  But I assure you there was no slant sticking of any kind...I don't operate like that.  My season started in October when I had a half inch of snow on the 27th.  The next snow wasn't until the 21st of November when an inch fell.  Etc Etc...

Also did very well on the 31st of January, actually my general area pretty much Jackpotted that lil event, where more than 4 inches fell(I only recorded the 4 inches however).  I also think I did better than your area in the January 7th snow event, where I received 6.5 inches in that one(SE Mass got like 16-18 inches out of that).  There are some of the differences right there that might make for the differences in the totals???

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The famous pic:

zonties.gif

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Would that mean you only got 11" from the Feb 2013 blizz?

12z GFS upped the day 6-8 qpf by an inch.  Temps are at the line and it's still 100+ away, so it's a pretty fragile hope.

More like 9", Its borderline here next week, Will wait a few more days before buying in.

53 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

No, not using his numbers at all.  Was only implying that Kevin adds up everything(as he should), and so did I.  I can PM you with the days and amounts if you are incredulous on the amount.  But I assure you there was no slant sticking of any kind...I don't operate like that.  My season started in October when I had a half inch of snow on the 27th.  The next snow wasn't until the 21st of November when an inch fell.  Etc Etc...

Also did very well on the 31st of January, actually my general area pretty much Jackpotted that lil event, where more than 4 inches fell(I only recorded the 4 inches however).  I also think I did better than your area in the January 7th snow event, where I received 6.5 inches in that one(SE Mass got like 16-18 inches out of that).  There are some of the differences right there that might make for the differences in the totals???

Its not that serious lol. But you dont use our official NE snow total? There is a thread for it which includes a table you can update yourself. All the big weenies are doing it, you should too.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Its not that serious lol. But you dont use our official NE snow total? There is a thread for it which includes a table you can update yourself. All the big weenies are doing it, you should too.

Actually I never even looked at it lol.  Maybe I'll check it out.   Thanks Berg  :-). 

Archived