• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

So what I'm seeing across the last several cycles of the operational GFS is varying themes inside a big fat one-eyed-monster rammed up the bum side of the spring enthusiasts...  Just a matter of how many inches.

Jeez Louise this 12z run ...right out to 384 hours may as well be 384 bullets eaten -

In any case, nice Miller B D10 there, huh - oh, no chance at verifying of course... But with a high of that magnitude and cold and newness over eastern Canada and nosing down that's probably blue snow in the interior there.   

Also, the overnight tele's now a little bit more committed to a +PNA.  The previous appeal had that more flat-lined.  Tough to say whether that is just spring variability or if it is real.. just sayn'

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

CMC and GFS gives SNE northward a nice snow event this weekend. GFS also has some more snow to start off April.

Being that the weekend is rather close, I think it bears a little watching.  But April is 11 days away...that is just the long range GFS showing it's usual snow event in it's fantasy range. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

You are probably in the one of the best spots in all of New England for good spring weather...very far southwest corner of New England.

One can hypothetically say I am not a New Englander, and that I dont belong in this forum ha. I'm a stones throw away from the NY state border and my climate is more interior tri state then south coast New England. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

One can hypothetically say I am not a New Englander, and that I dont belong in this forum ha. I'm a stones throw away from the NY state border and my climate is more interior tri state then south coast New England. 

I've often wonder if someone around your neck of the woods might look over their should some hapless week in April for SNE, and see a wall like an Arabian sand storm where the fog and cold and mist and cheating atmospheric physics butts up against your 78 F ... 

Well ...speaking of druthers only ... I'm in Will's camp - 

you're not getting spring yet, not with this present and recent trends.  Just not happening.  The tele's gave some promise heading into April and in fact ...may still... But, for now, let's get the misery hip deep!  

That GGEM fantasy model created by the Canadian government's equivalent of serial deviancy ...if I had to sum up the synoptic snow totals from ALB to PWM, that axis looks like it uptakes 50 " on that run.  

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Maybe the Euro will look more spring like?  It's coming out now.

It does actually...this Saturday, it has 70s into E PA and NJ while New England is stuck in the 30s to low 40s. Definitely classic spring.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That's the stuff Tip's dreams are made of right there. 

Tip would love 2-4 inches of dense sleet/snow covering the Ayer landscape after an overcast Saturday with temps stuck in the 30s on a NE wind and then maybe another wedged system right on its heels.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Still a nice winter weather threat from Friday into early next week.  Some of this would certainly be sleet and freezing rain though.

Yeah it looks more like advisory snow to me for pike region north on that run. There would be some sleet in there on each end of it with snow only occurring in the middle portion when the cold wedge is at its deepest.

Maybe some weenie spot in the Monadnocks would get 6"+.

Archived