Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was another Napril snowfall last year then. It came at night and thumped a quick 3-4". That's the one I was thinking of 

The one you're thinking of is april 3rd...but it was more an early morning event rather than night. I don't think that one had much ice though. The April 4th event was def more an overrunning type which produced sleet/ZR in southern areas.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

Gypsy moths. Wait until this year.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:   I would never view 12" as meh.

well, I will stop there. 

fwiw, Im not a fan of a setup where we have to rely on a perfectly placed high to offset the cutting low. I would enjoy it if can break right but anything outside of 48hrs here is asking way too much of guidance to get right, esp for sne.

46 minutes ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

Oh was that the reason? I saw that and thought maybe tent caterpillars. 

Edit, I see I was answered above. 

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Harv still throwing 55 for Saturday 

Huge bust potential that day in my estimation...  There's big high pressure ...well, big enough, that with out climo, having that building into NW NE during from this range, in the models, makes me question if that boundary doesn't end up S of earlier than presently anticipated. 

Sometimes, ...the warm wins though - just have to see.

1 hour ago, Weenie Radar said:

We had three snowfalls last April in the Poconos...4", 4", and 1". It was 13F one night and 14F the next, incredible.

46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Huge bust potential that day in my estimation...  There's big high pressure ...well, big enough, that with out climo, having that building into NW NE during from this range, in the models, makes me question if that boundary doesn't end up S of earlier than presently anticipated. 

Sometimes, ...the warm wins though - just have to see.

They have def taken them down though. Yesterday (I think) Burbank had a 69F on his 7 day for Sat

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Didn't you do well on Feb 5 and March 21 last year? I could have sworn you had more on Feb 5.

Gee, thanks for rubbing those two in!  Lol, they were so close but yet so far. 

The February 5 tied the April 4th storm. The 4-6" on the NWS map is tenuous as MPM will attest.  Feb 5th-18th gave us about 10-12" total for our big week of the winter.

March 21st was a dud here, that was a ORH Co. storm. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Gee, thanks for rubbing those two in!  Lol, they were so close but yet so far. 

The February 5 tied the April 4th storm. The 4-6" on the NWS map is tenuous as MPM will attest.  Feb 5th-18th gave us about 10-12" total for our big week of the winter.

March 21st was a dud here, that was a ORH Co. storm. 

Well I'm an idiot and thought you were Dave...lol. Im sorry. So yea, that makes more sense to me. It was truly horrific there.

Archived