Newest Member
    Dano62
Model Mayhem VII

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's really not far away form a good hit.

SE MA has been in a dry spell.

GGEM is a scraper but damn that's nice looking. Interesting in the mesos wanting to stall and capture with the 5h in a good spot. Looks cutoff ish. Could be a miss but definitely has my attention 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

GGEM is a scraper but damn that's a nice looking. Interesting in the mesos wanting to stall and capture with the 5h in a good spot. Looks cutoff ish. Could be a miss but definitely has my attention 

I think at this point, you want the upper low to be deeper and dig farther west. Doesn't do much good to dig SE past New England, but if it can round the bend somewhere around ACY then we have something to work with.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I think at this point, you want the upper low to be deeper and dig farther west. Doesn't do much good to dig SE past New England, but if it can round the bend somewhere around ACY then we have something to work with.

Yep and that's what RGEM does, sh it even this GGEM 7H look would be interesting, let's get that 75 miles North

gem_z700_vort_neus_12.png

Early signs are not encouraging (00z raobs are a little higher heights than model forecasts) but the shortwave is also in a bit of a raob hole right now.

GGW (the WFO not what most weenies do) has a sounding from the base of the shortwave, but the meat of it is really north of there.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Early signs are not encouraging (00z raobs are a little higher heights than model forecasts) but the shortwave is also in a bit of a raob hole right now.

GGW (the WFO not what most weenies do) has a sounding from the base of the shortwave, but the meat of it is really north of there.

Since you are up and about, how about a 5 day forecast say Monday to Friday in IDK Newry Maine?, asking for a friend . ....

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Since you are up and about, how about a 5 day forecast say Monday to Friday in IDK Newry Maine?, asking for a friend . ....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.48728809400046&lon=-70.78701857199962#.WMtlLG8rJpg

Actually midweek will be decidedly not spring skiing. But you gotta take the good with the bad. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.48728809400046&lon=-70.78701857199962#.WMtlLG8rJpg

Actually midweek will be decidedly not spring skiing. But you gotta take the good with the bad. 

Bluebird all week with March sun warmth Monday and Tuesday then bluebird with no skin exposed. I'll will hit that in a heartbeat.  Just do something about those gales Wed

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bluebird all week with March sun warmth Monday and Tuesday then bluebird with no skin exposed. I'll will hit that in a heartbeat.  Just do something about those gales Wed

Good news is it's pretty well mixed Wed, so the gusts should be fairly uniform. :shiver:

Archived